Dropped frames galore...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropped frames galore...

I've been reading up on dropped frames, but the number I get seem ridiculous (100 per 1000). My hard drive has been recently defragmented, and I'm capturing using highest video quality in PC-VCR, MJPEG. Desktop resolution is 800*600, I run a celeron system 366@550, and my harddrive is at 78MB/s.

Any quick fixes for this?

Yor post doesent state if you are capturing to your primary drive.

In that case;
    Turn of your swapfile totaly.
    Defrag or better use Norton speddisk.
    Lock your swapfile to 100MB.
    Remove any CD's,dvd's from the drives.
    Use AVI_IO (and in that case set it to NOT align to disk sector) it's well worth the money.

And last: GET A second drive.

Read the F.A.Q. at http://www.desktopvideoworld.com/

------------------
    INTEL PIII550 MSI 6163
    G400Mill 32MB SGRAM + RRG
    SBlive
    192 MB RAM CAS2
    43GB HDD Space!(Actual 40GB) (13+30 Quantum drives)
    Pioneer 104S DVD 10x CD 40x SLOT IN
    SONY CRX100E 4/2/24 CDRW
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Also, something I've found is that if you have a network card, either turn it off or remove it, as even if it's not hooked up to a network, it slows down your system a lot.

On top of that, close down all unneeded programs, like all those icons on your program bar. Especially turn off any system agents, these things just make a system handle like a Greyhound bus in the Indy 500...

Matt

Comment

Working...
      X