kruzin's autoexec.cfg for half-life/counterstrike- please repost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kruzin's autoexec.cfg for half-life/counterstrike- please repost

i've been lookin' forever for kruzin's autoexec.cfg for counterstrike. it doesn't seem to be available anymore. can anyone repost it?

thanks

jones

I have never made a cfg file for CS, as I don't play that mod.

I do have one for basic HalfLife, but many of the settings in it are outdated and/or obsolete. I have just never bothered to update it with the latest HL variables.
    I suggest this site for reference in making your own .cfg files:
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

But Ken you have posted this...

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Yes, Mike, but that thread is well over a year old, and HL has been patched at least 4 or 5 times since then, with many changes to the variables along the way. Some of those settings are no longer valid...
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

ok

well... since whatever was posted is really old and outdated, anyone out there have a new and trustworthy autoexec.cfg file that they can share with the rest of us? i'm too lazy to figure out the best blend of speed and visual quality for this game. no matter how much i tweak it, it doesn't come out the way i want it to.

also, what is the best fps that any of you have gotten from this game?

thanks again

jones

Comment

For what it's worth, prior to the 1.5 TFC patch, I required Kruzin's autoexec changes, but since, I just use TFC out of the box. I've reformatted a number of times.

With the patches and the new drivers, I don't have any troubles running HL at the highest settings.

My system info below (but I'm using the latest drivers).
            PIII 550@605
            IWill Motherboard VD133
            VIA Chipset
            512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
            G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
            DirectX 8.0a
            SB Live! Value
            8x DVD (Toshiba)
            6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
            Intel Pro/100+ NIC
            3Com CMX Cable Modem
            Optiquest V95 19"