Something interesting in Computer Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something interesting in Computer Games

Magazine this month. They have a article on mapping a face into games like Quake3 . Now why might this be important you might ask? Well one of the companies mentioned was Digimask's technology. Unfortunately, here' s Matrox's official response to the use of the G550+ Digimask+ Matrix Pallette Skinning in games:

Q: So just to clarify, if a game uses MPS+supports the Digimask it might be supported on the G550? This is actually one of the reasons I was excited about the G550 (I knew about the face in 3d games a year ago in a Q-Source demo I saw at E3 2000 I think) and kinda put two and two together hehe

A:Hey Ben,

It could if we worked with that app. or SW developer. But straight out of the box, MPS is ONLY enabled in HeadCasting applications. So, to make it absolutely clear, the G550's HeadCasting engine and MPS unit are for HeadCasting only, not games. But, if a developer were to work with us, there is always the possibility that we could support it in our hardware.

What we have done is open the door to this type of technology and to developers to move forward with it.

Also, don't forget that there aren't any DX 8 titles currently shipping. However, Matrox is supplying apps to let you experience MPS presently, unlike other solutions.

Hope this helps,

Sebastian Macdougal
    PR Manager Matrox

when the g550 was first announced I thought that the headcasting wasnt available for anything else I guess the backlash for crippling this feature for only doing conferencing showed M how far their head was up their butts
    LOL I believe in a post just after the press release I had a few expletives to say about it

but im glad they are stepping back from their previous stand and are willing to try and make this headcasting more expandable hopefully online worlds such as Asherons Call and the like will be able to figure something out because one of the complaints about online worlds is how similar everyone looks
    DFI NFIIUltra 400
    756Ram ATI 9550 256mem
    Lite-On DVDR/RW/DL
    Windows XP pro
    msn messenger id: gchisel
    Be aware that a halo has to fall only a few inches to be a noose

Comment

Working...
    X