Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G200 crashes System

Hello.
    Been back and forth with Matrox support for 6 months now, still no solution, hopeing I can get some help from here.

The problem is my marvel g200-tv 8meg AGP card crashes/freezes my system every 30minutes requiring a reboot. It crashes much quicker if using the tv tuner or playing any type of game compared to if I simply do windows tasks.

I am attempting to attatch 2 screne shots of example crashes. The video basically gets all messed up and either blurring everything with large black thick lines forming a grid across 3/4 of the screen, or the entire screen becomes filled with pixels of every color. Difficult to decribe the crash, easier to show a photo to anyone who might have an idea.

I have tried everything, including having the matrox card as the only card in the system and it still crashes. When a S3 AGP card was put in the system instead it all ran perfectly, no crashing.
    I just need to know if it is a conflict between the ABIT motherboard and the card and whether I need to purchase a card from a different manufacturer to work on my system.

Any suggestions will help. I have been through every basic suggestion from matrox tech support already. I even had my old card replaced with an RMA and the replacement card still crashes.

Cheers
    Vlaka

----------------------------
    System:
    K7-1100
    3X256 PC133 micron ram
    8.4 gig, 17.2 gig ATA33 Fujitsu HDD
    60 gig IBM ATA100 HDD
    Adaptec 2940UW SCSI PCI card
    Seagate SCSI HDD
    3COM ISA ethernet card
    SB Live Platinum PCI
    Matrox Marvel G200-TV 8meg AGP
    AOpen 300watt 13 bay tower
    Pioneer 16X DVD
    Panasonic 4X8 SCSI burner
    -------------------------------
    Attached Files

That looks exactly like memory corruption... is it or has it ever been OC?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Thx for the reply....

Nope nothing on the system has ever been over clocked. This is a replacement card as well, got my previous G200 card RMA replaced, after going through two months of back and forth suggestions with matrox support, a few months ago, and still have the same problem.

No one I talk to has ever seen this sorta thing before and have no ideas how to fix it.

Comment

I had an almost identical problem with the first Millennium G400 I had, got it replaced and no more problems so that would seem to indicate a faulty board in my case.

Comment

hmmm... my marvel g200 worked wonderfully on my K6-2-400 system with an ATREND motherboard.
          The card I am crashing with err umm using now is a replacement card becasue matrox support after months of going back and forth with emails decided that it might be the board itself and issued me an RMA. The replacement board still has the same exact problem.

Does anyone know if there is a known issue with matrox cards and the ABIT KT7 RAID Motherboards?

Comment

My first G200 did that exact same thing... replace it and the other has been running fine for the last 2.5 years
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

The curious thing is I had the card replaced with an RMA version, so for both cards to show the exact same problem is umm strange.

I would go out and buy a Marvel G400 or possibly even an RT2000 if I knew it wouldn't crash my system in the same way, but I cannot be sure of that since it may be an issue with matrox drivers and the ABIT board.
              The entire system is new, except the video card... as I don't really need it for gaming and am not in need of the latest fastest gaming card. I have lots of mjpeg compressed files so its either a marvel g200 or 400 for now.. Thats why I stayed with the marvel g200 from my old system. I'd be perfectly happy with it or a g400 if I was positive it would work..... I am pretty sure matrox will not refund all my money if I was to purchase a Marvel g400 and then tried to return it with the same problems.

Comment

Could this be heat related? I only get corruption similar to that when i o/c my G400 ... check the temp in the case and the card. See if the heatsink is attached properly, maybe try adding a fan on it. Ah yes, and try underclocking the card using MTSTU. See if that helps.
                Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

hmm underclocking... I'll give that a try... I have never overclocked but I'll give underclocking a try.

I thought of the heat issue and have resolved that with fan placement and even leaveing the case open at times....

Now all I gotta do is find this MTSU thing...

thx... I'll let you know if it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by vlaka
                    Now all I gotta do is find this MTSU thing...
                    MTSTU418!

Comment

Comment

Sorry, didnt see you post Ayoub

Comment

Thx everyone..... I'll try the clock tweak at %95 and see if that does anything...

I'll keep u posted to see if it solved the prob.

Comment

I tried 90% and 95% and the system crashed each time with the same type of crash as shown in image example 2 from original post.
                            If I am playing a full screen game that type of crash doesn't occur, what happens is the system simply freezes with the audio looping at the point where it froze.

Goodtimes...

Any other suggestions?

Comment

Post system info & IRQ settings.

Comment

Working...
                              X