Interesting about R200. Read about their virtual head :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting about R200. Read about their virtual head :D

ATI to launch R200 during SIGGRAPH next week - 2:04 pm EST - diesel [Comments (0)]
    According to a LifeFX press release, ATI will officially launch the R200 next week:

Under the terms of the agreement, ATI Technologies will bundle and distribute the LifeFX software and a custom Stand-In virtual person in all of its retail offerings, including their distribution channels and OEM customers. In exchange, LifeFX will grant a one-year Stand-In software license to ATI Technologies for marketing, promotional and demonstration purposes, including the highly anticipated product launch of R200 at this year's SIGGRAPH Exhibition. ATI will be in Booth 617, Aug. 14-16 at the Los Angeles Convention Center, Calif.

What is the LifeX Stand-In software?

``Our team demanded a demonstration of our R200 capabilities that would blow the industry away. And, the high resolution LifeFX Stand-In demonstration surpasses our expectations,'' said Andrew Rodie, Group Marketing Manager, ATI Technologies. ``We are very excited to have this relationship with LifeFX. Together, we have raised the bar for the computer graphics and interactive developers market.''
    ATI Technologies chose the LifeFX Stand-In software, the only biologically based facial modeling system of its kind, to create a high resolution, life-like, virtual representative to demo ATI Technologies' newest R200 video graphics technology.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Re: Interesting about R200. Read about their virtual head

Originally posted by Helevitia

ATI Technologies chose the LifeFX Stand-In software, the only biologically based facial modeling system of its kind, to create a high resolution, life-like, virtual representative to demo ATI Technologies' newest R200 video graphics technology.
    I think I must've heard something similar somewhere before...

EDIT: And the R200 will use a Dual 128Bits memory interface. Damn, if only I could remember where I've seen this before???

EDIT2: Have you seen ATIs roadmap? A Dual-R200 board!! Seems like Ati is well prepped for the Geforce3 Ultra this time. NVidia can only hope ATI get problems with the Dual-chip thing again, otherwise they'll lose their reputation of being makers of the fastest (and most expensive!!!) gfx-card.
    Last edited by Indiana; 9 August 2001, 12:26.
    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
    My System
    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
    German ATI-forum

Comment

LMAO !!!

... k-k-k-can't be true ... m-m-mmmust be f-f-fffake ...

What a strange déjà vu
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
      Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
      be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
      4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
      2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
      4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
      Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
      LG BH10LS38
      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

FYI

LifeFX

LOL.

Comment

Wacky. Maybe that's why Matrox stuff is slow to come out, they are actually working over at ATI half the time.
          Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
          Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Working...
          X