Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVDmax question...

Hey all,

I bought a G450 etv a while ago, anyhow, I want to watch a divx movie (on my TV) while working on my computer. However, when a window covers up Media Player the movie on the the TV freezes. Is there anyway to keep the movie playing on the TV while a window is covering the media player?

-Gef.

------

Thanks for the help, extended overlay worked like a charm. Does anyone know what the rest of this does? "Compensate Overscan", specifically?

------
    Last edited by greyfalco; 9 August 2001, 13:37.
    _____
    PIII-800 / 512 ram / G450 etv /

I'm not sure because I've only used DVDMax a few times, but I remember that this would happen if "Detect based on video window size" was checked in the DVDMax Options. Checking "Detect based on video source size" worked for me.

Comment

Try Extended overlay mode of DivXG400.

Comment

Yes, what he said. Download the dixg400 file an enable extended overlay support and it will work... most of the time...
        Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Most of the time?

Comment

That's what my experince tells me.

BTW... loving the subs, perhaps a future version could implement .aqt file support?

Comment

Do You have any special case when the problem appears?

May be contact in private?

Comment

I personally don't think it's related to the divxg400 file, eventho it started appearing right after I installed it and frequently used the dvd max.

It always happened either right after booting into windows at the start of a movie or never and it was the generic "matrox" crash (garbled screens, moving white block instead of cursor, etc...).

I think it was caused by the card overheating (a combination of overclocking, inadequate fan and summer weather) + playing a lot of movies thus stressing the card, because I did took some precautions (mainly bigger fan and additional cold air intake) and haven't crashed for some time now.

Comment

OK.
                  Could You tell me bit more about .aqt subtitles... What kind of file is it, where can I download some sample file/information about it/etc.?

Comment

That could be a problem... the homepage is http://bealsoft.cjb.net/, however, the english part of the website doesn't have much information about the .aqt format (none in fact).

The format is really easy to understand tho. Each subtitle file is a text file in which there are three lines (a block) for each pair of subtitles, like this

Code:
                    -->> XXXXXXXXXXX
                    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
                    BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
                    the " XXXXXXXXXX" is frame index - a number that defines when is the block displayed

the "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" is the first (top) line
                    the "BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB" is the second (bottom) line

an empty block would look like this
                    Code:
                    -->> XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
                    even empty lines are displayed, effectively erasing what was shown before them, so a .sub subtitle

Code:
                    {812}{969}This is line 1| this is line 2
                    would translate into .aqt as
                    Code:
                    -->>812
                    This is line 1
                    this is line 2
                    -->>969
                    it's quite simple, isn't it

If you have more questions, you might try and ask the author directly, his email is aberka@atlas.cz.. he might be able to give you proper english documentation + support and english version of his tool, the AQTitle, AQTool and AQTDirector which can be used to add subtitles to movied and to convert .sub to .aqt and vice versa,

Comment

AqTitle support will be added to next DivXG400 version.
                      In future, feel free to use wish-link at DivXG400 homepage
                      Last edited by prr; 9 August 2001, 13:36.

Comment

Working...
                      X