Office XP Professional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office XP Professional

Anyone know if Microsoft put in a Product Activation into Office XP? I remember reading they were thinking about it, but did they actually go through with it? I've heard mix results on this, some people say it only asks for the Product Key while other sites say you have to activate the product before you can use it.

Chris

I have this INstalled, and for me it asked for a CD Key

Now, under the start menu .. and its own menu it does have an activate Product option... but so far it hasn't been necessary to use.

Hope that helps

Comment

Some versions of Office XP (which ones? beats me!) require activation. Some do not. In all cases, there is a master key (no, I won't give it to you) which turns off WPA - just as there is in ALL WPA-enabled products.

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

The one I used asked me to activate it.

Dave
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Ok, well, I'm thinking about buying Office XP Professional and would like to install it on my laptop and desktop, would I have any trouble doing this?

This is really the reason why I asked about product activation. I'm afraid I will not be able to install it on both since it will ask to be activated and knowing my luck, Micro$osft will want me to buy another license. Anyone else have Office XP professional and can confirm whether or not it does prompt for activation?

Thanks for the replies so far!

Chris

Comment

Working...
          X