macrovision?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• macrovision?

so macrovision is the reason i've been heated all this time.i got one question actually two but i'll get to that.how can i get rid of that signal or is there a crack for getting rid of that using pcvcr.i have a g450etv card and i'm getting some copyright error when recording a vcr tape(back ups now that i have a dvd that plays vcd).
    my second question is in the same capturing topic but it's more in the playback section.i recored a movie on to my drive using pcvcr and the mouths move but the sound comes liek 15 sec later.it's worst than an old karate flick but anyway how do i stop that.should i use a diffrent software other than pcvcr to stop it or wat.thank u

holla back
    betterdayz connection is here....

On the Macrovision front, one or two of the regulars try to help out with cracked drivers occassionally although I'm unaware of anything for the 450 yet (these could be more difficult since they aren't MJPEG, but I dunno).

As for capture software, most folks around here use PC_VCR which has got plenty of facilities (including the ability to sync audio tracks by various means)

Chris
    (T_I)

Comment

Don't you mean AVI_IO TI?

My best move on the macrovision front was to burn my DVD deck with a custom firmware that has Macrovision disabled. Not possible on all DVD decks and you have to be careful about where you get it, but it does a great job.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

so ya'll saying with the playback issue i need to do something in the pcvcr set up?if so wat?
        with the macrovision is there any hardware like a cord i can purchase from radio shack.i seen some things on a site but i don't buy stuff from sites(just don't trust it).
        thanks for the reply

i think i figured out why the mouths was moving but there was no sound for like 10 secs.i did a test and recorded something from my camcorder to my drive(home video) and the video was in sync with the audio,but when i recorded something from vcr (a tape of Matrix)the karate fick sickness cameback.is that a form of copyright protection?
        another question how would u know if u got your settings to high in pcvcr?wat is to high?i use that bench mark aplication that comes with the prog and it said 7.54mbs sec.when i got to record i record on sp.it says 0.39mbs sec so i'm thinking i can't be set to high if thats how it's measured.i need input holla at me
        thanxs
        Last edited by kashmilli; 8 August 2001, 20:22.

Comment

We need one of the "regulars" to develop a patch for this. I can't even convert my old home videos without it.

I'll throw in $5, via paypal, to the first person to develop a working patch.

Comment

Oops Doc, you're right. I must have been tired

Yes, I meant AV_IO, NOT NOT PC-VCR. This has the ability to capture sound at a different rate than video from the same tape (I know it doesn't make sense, just believe me).

I'm amazed that you were able to capture Matrix at all from VCR, cos sure as hell that's going to be Macrovision encoded. The response that you "should" have got was a message from the capture driver telling you that it was refusing to capture copyrighted material, and not just a differential with the audio track.

There are a number of boxes that you can buy to place between your source and the capture device that are "supposed" to defeat Macrovision, but from prior posts here it would appear that the cheaper ones (like under $300) don't do the job all that well.

As I already said, I haven't seen any Macrovision busted vidcap drivers for the eTV, and I don't know whether this is "just" because none of our "driver investigators" has got to work on these drivers yet or whether (as I suspect) the fact that the eTV doesn't rely on hardware MJPEG with appropriate VTs makes this a more difficult proposition.

Needless to say, if anyone DOES have MV busted VTs for the eTV, please let me know and I'll find a suitable home so they can be used by others.

Chris
            (T_I)

Comment

thanx for the reply.
              so AV_IO is a prog that can minipulate and control the timing between video and audio(sync control)?where can i get it if this is true?
              as foir the matrix backup there is something i didn't say in my last eply and that is when i was recording it to my drive the picture was jumpy.i mean like if my wires was loose and had a little short but other movies wasn't doing that.is that a form of macrovision?
              Last edited by kashmilli; 9 August 2001, 15:18.

Comment

macro

hi kashmilli
                since you have a DVD now just rent your movies on DVD and go to http://www.dvdripguides.com/. Great advise how to rip the DVD's. LAConfidential was 7.8gig and came down to 1.4gig to view on any standalone player, that's before converting to mpeg4 with vidomi. He is doing mpeg4with flask but it is much easier with vidomi, load the movie and convert. I get 35~37fps while converting alas in less time then recording it. Then I have to say watch out, I have dualprocessors 933 PIII and 1 gig memory they love tmpenc and vidomi. Other then that follow his instructions and you will be all set.
                Note about vidomi, I know VirtualDub is p@#$^&*>!sst about vidomi since it looks like vidomi ripped off code from virtualdub. I feel sorry for that, they should work together, I think it would be much bether for both of them and for us users too. As a user (sheep) I just go with what makes my life easier.
                Good luck.

Comment

I've never tried Vidomi. It sounds easy to use.

I just hate going through 10 steps in order to make a backup.

Comment

If I do not mistake the g450 uses the vtools 2.02, if it's so there are patches at download section, here and at Murc.
                    You can try.

ciao
                    Asus A7M266-D
                    AMD Dual Athlon XP1800+
                    DDR PC2100 512(2 x 256) MB
                    Ge Force 2 MX400 - 64 MB
                    OHCI 1394 controller
                    Panasonic NV-DS15 Pal (DV in enabled)
                    HD IBM 60 GXP 7200 rpm 60 GB (system)
                    HD WD Caviar 7200 rpm 60 GB

Adobe Premiere 6.01
                    Windows XP Pro

Comment

vidomi keeps crashing for me

Comment

vidomi

Sorry frogster that you have problems with it. Vidomi has a forum too, just go there and describe your problem, seems like the writter of the program is always checking and giving advice.
                        So far for me, not one hick-up yet, it just goes.
                        Good Luck

Comment

Working...
                        X