Anachronox/Win2k/G400 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anachronox/Win2k/G400 problems

When I play Anachronox, the game intermittently crashes back to the desktop. This usually happens during area transitions (when the screen goes black except for the little window in the middle), but has also happened when I was just wandering around. It happens in both windowed and full screen modes. It happens with both the 5.32 (WHQL) and 5.52 (latest) drivers. I am using the Anachronox 1.01 patch. This may simply be a Windows 2000+Anachronox problem, but I immediately suspected my G400 because I've had a few problems with 3d stuff (especially OGL) in the past.

System specs:

P3 650 @ 788
    815E mainboard
    256 MB RAM
    G400 DH 32 MB
    SB Live (original WDM drivers)
    Win2k SP2 with latest compatibility update

I can't post an IRQ list or more details because I'm at work, and I have no internet access at home. If it's necessary, I can bring in a list tomorrow.

I was thinking of buying this game tomorrow. did you get your problems sorted out? (and is it any good ???)

Cheers
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Hey aren't you supposed to be busy with Pathology or Pharmacology

I'd think you'd be getting familiar with Messers. Rang and Dale, Robbins and Kumar hehe.

just kidding, have as much fun as u want as long as you're doing what you're supposed to as well
      [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
      Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
      Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
      Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
      Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Hey i'm enjoying my 2week summer holliday!!!!!

All my friends are getting ~3mths!

I am gonna need to get another Kumar and Clarke as this one is nearly worn out
        Last edited by Paddy; 15 August 2001, 02:44.
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

"Anachronox is generally stable, and a patch has already been released addressing most of its technical issues. However, Windows 2000 is not officially supported, and some serious problems have been reported getting the game to run under that OS. Windows 2000 users may wish to try the downloadable demo to ensure compatibility."

Comment

I did get my problems sorted right quickly. I used the Matrox tweaker and bumped my AGP down to 1x, and I went back to using a 16 bit z buffer. I don't know which of these fixed my crashes, but now the game runs flawlessly, and I haven't encountered any other bugs.

It's a fun game, with better dialogue and more humor than any other I've played.

Comment

Working...
            X