Matrox Voodoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Voodoo

I am about to buy a new computer. I would like to use my old Voodoo 2 card in order to play some old games (Hopefully that will be the case and not because they are better for gaming than the G550)

I have a G-200 now and it works well together with the Voodoo’s. If I remember correctly that is not the case with the G-4xx series.. Does anyone know?

I need a new computer soon (writing this post on an old 233 mmx and with a new computer I could probably type with higher frame rates) so should I wait for the G-550 or just buy a G-450 because the G-550 will be out in 2005..

Last edited by The Viking; 5 August 2001, 19:38.
    Best regards
    Tor

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
    Arthur C. Clarke

I have a G-200 now and it works well together with the Voodoo’s. If I remember correctly that is not the case with the G-4xx series.. Does anyone know?
    G4x0 & Voodoo can coexist peacefully.
    There are a pair of Voodoo II and a G400 MAX in my system. It works fine.

The same goes for original Voodoo, AFAIR.
    Computer Revolution makes it possible to substitute educated slaves for ignorant ones. (V.I.Arnold)

Comment

But keep an eye on...

... the Voodoo drivers you are going to use. At least if you consider to buy an Athlon or Duron based system. The latest reference drivers do not work at least in many AMD machines.

There are however "tweaked" drivers (based on the last reference drivers) floating around that solve this problem. While "tweaking" sound important, the only difference is that one file is exchanged with an older version and some corresponding changes have been made to the inf-file.

I don't remeber a source for these drivers off hands, but ... well, it was easy to find on yahoo:

has what you might just want to have before pairing up an Athlon with a V2.

--E<:|

Comment

Don't know about you

But awhile back I tried getting a G200 and Canopus Pure3DLX to work together, no success.
        ECS K7S5A Pro, Athlon XP 2100+, 512 Megs PC-3200 CAS2.5, HIS Radeon 9550/VIVO 256Meg DDR

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe C Mobile Athlon 2500+ @ 2.2GHz, 1GB PC-3200 CAS2.5, Hauppauge MCE 150, Nvidia 6600 256DDR

Asus A8R32 MVP, Sempron 1600+ @ 2.23GHz, 1 Gig DDR2 RAM, ATI 1900GT

Comment

Re: Don't know about you

Originally posted by 2Whyzzi
          But awhile back I tried getting a G200 and Canopus Pure3DLX to work together, no success.
          I can assure you, that my posting wasn't based on assumptions, but experience.

As a christmas present, I handed over my G200 to my brother and additionally bought a 2nd hand Voodoo2 (Creative). We were not amused when the machine froze completely every time he tried to start a Glide game.

The modified reference drivers did the job. Older drivers (e.g., the original release of the Creative drivers are said to work too, but I'd allways prefer the reference drivers).

This was on an EPoX 8KTA3 with Duron 700 @ 850 MHz. I have never tried any Voodoo Graphics based board, though.

--E<:|

Comment

Working...
          X