Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCD "chapters" - how?

Hi,

Some of the commercial VCD's I own have "chapters" and you can skip through the VCD using ">>|" on the remote. Looking at the VCD there's only one MPEG file. Don't seem to be able to do this with Nero. Anyone know of a way or what burning s/w I should use?

Thanks,

Rob.

If you have Ulead MSP 6. Try the Go-DVD plugin for producing VCD, SVCD and DVD.

Comment

Use videopack 4.0 and instead of 1 menu with different selections, make subsequent containers referring to a certain point in the videofile.

I assume the same or similar can be done using I-Author.

Comment

Thanks. Don't have VideoPack - I'll see if there's a trial available for d/l.

Comment

Hi

The latest versions of nero do seem to have limited support for chapters and menus for VDC/SVCD, though I haven't done more then look to be honest with you. I really am unsure if it allows you to mark chapters within a single file as with something like Spruceup, or if it only points to separate elements on the CD.

mikie

Comment

(S)VCD chapters

VCDImager is free and can do VCD+SVCD chapters !

Now TSCV, a new GUI is available from TTooL (for free) to make SVCD chapters (VCD will follow soon).

To help you give a try we have made a bundle with VCDImager 0.7.9 + TSCV 0.53b which you can download from http://www.labdv.com/en/index.htm and you'll find updated info in http://www.labdv.com/forums/phpBB/vi...=109&forum=6&0

Fox

Comment

Thanks. I now have "aquired" VideoPack 4 and am just d/ling VCD imager.

Comment

Hey, TSCV and VCDImage rocks... Seriously, it's well worth a look. VP4 was just too complicated and didn't work too well - TSCV on the other hand was so easy to use ;-)

Comment

Working...
                X