Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Older OpenGL ICDs with newer drivers... possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older OpenGL ICDs with newer drivers... possible?

I have a Marvel G200 and any drivers past 5.41 keep crashing on me when I play Half Life. I would like to use Vid Tools 1.55 and newer drivers to see if some probs I have are fixed, but I play a lot of HL. So I was wondering if I could use the G200icd from 5.41 with drivers 6.28? If I can what do I need to decompress and copy besides G200icd.dl_?

Thanks
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

expand g200icd.dl_ and place it into the game directory. Then execute the game. If no workie then try a newer ICD.
    C:\DOS
    C:\DOS\RUN
    \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Well, I went a tried using the 5.41 icd with 6.28 drivers, and the game was incredibly jerky and crashed after a bit. So I went back with the 6.28 icd and tried HL again. I played for a bit and it didn't crash, the times before it crashed pretty early on, so maybe things are working now.
      Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
      Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Working...
      X