G400 - TV win2k Drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 - TV win2k Drivers?

Are the win2k drivers on the Matrox.com actually final and have they fixed any problems with it like the lack of frames droping every 30 seconds??

They've fixed all the problems by removing most of the functionality.

Basically its a "watch TV in a window" board or use a 3rd party capture app with a software codec and hope for the best :-(

At least the G400 marvel has DVDmax so you can output back to tape if you choose your software codec correctly. My G200 marvel is pretty much worthless now.

I've moved on to DV.

--wally.

Comment

So they fixed the issue of it droping frames every 30/1min ?? i remember last month i was running win2k pro with SP1 and it was droping frames like crazy. I talked to a few people who have the same card as me in win2k pro and they have the same problem. So i formated and installed Win98se.

Comment

I never got the previous W2K drivers to run long enough to answer your question. MJPEG capture has been removed in the final W2K drivers and Video Tools. With no way to get output back to tape on my G200 I've not played with RGB capture.

As I said, I've moved on to 100% DV, but I was curious and tried the final drivers for grins on a machine I was setting up to upgrade to XP RC1. I don't have enough free time to put any real effort into playing with my marvel. As a 2D video card the G200 seems to work pretty well on RC1 and RC2. But I'll not be upgrading to XP, I'll have to have XP on a junker machine to test my code against but I'll keep all my work W2K for the forseable future. I have to keep pretty near the bleading edge, but basically I'm pretty conservative when it comes to machines which I have to actually use -- stayed with NT4SP3 from day one until W2K came out. Migrated everything to a new W2K box and retired the old faithful NT box (which is now a Linux file server) after W2K proved its mettle.

--wally.

Comment

Working...
        X