Bitboys info at beyond3d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitboys info at beyond3d

Looks like bitboys are about to present something interesting soon - but with bitboys, you can never know for sure.
    The link :

posted by timea
    I have been waiting a long time to see a great chip from Bitboys to change my old V3-3000 card.maybe this is a right time to do in nearly future.
    Poor guy

Comment

After all the years reading stories about bitboys I wonder if they will really present something real this time.
      Also, there are always rumors about a possible connection / cooperation of bitboys and Matrox.
      Hard to believe - but I think time will tell.

Comment

Shitboys has produced exactly 3 things:

1. A small amount of intellectual property licensed by Matrox back when (still hearsay, I think - I've never seen anything official to back this up). This is not surprising, as these guys were democoders first and hardware designers second, so they of course have some killer algorithms up their sleeves.

2. A prototype board (which I had, circa 1995) called the TriTech Pyramid. Never went anywhere.

3. Rumors.

And since #3 is the most plentiful, and since every year their claims of the chip that's just around the corner get wilder and wilder... I seriously doubt they have ANYTHING of substance to show. Oh well.

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Can you actually believe that very same thread is discussing the possiblity that it may very well be matrox that will use their chip for their next product....LOL
          note to self...

Assumption is the mother of all f***ups....

Primary system :
          P4 2.8 ghz,1 gig DDR pc 2700(kingston),Radeon 9700(stock clock),audigy platinum and scsi all the way...

Comment

The Bitboys are the record holders of bullshit.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Although the report of Nappe1 (I think I saw some postings from him here in the past) sounds very promising, I am still sceptical.
              I found it interesting that he mentioned "something like dual head" with the chip.
              This and some comments on displacement mapping obviously lead to the Matrox-Bitboys speculations.
              Wouldn't be bad if the chip was something real - the more competition, the better.

Comment

The 'something like dualhead' that nappe1 describes sounds more like a high-end workstation card doing single-head.

He describes a standard VGA port, a DVI port, and 'something else' which he speculates is an s-video port. Both my FireGL2 and my Wildcat fit this description, and neither of them do dual-head - you can use EITHER the VGA or the DVI port, and the round s-video like thing in both cases is a stereo glasses interface for LCD shutters.

There is some speculation on that thread as to whether BB might produce a high-end board rather than a consumer board, but I think it is more likely that they have used a third-party board design to house their first silicon on, and that the board happens to have a DVI port and stereo (or s-video) port on it. Whether all the ports are connected or not...

Lemmin

Comment

The BB's may be the worlds finest purveyors of Bullshit but someone believes in them enough to pay their wages. Either their sponsors are more gulible than Mr Joe public or they know something we dont.

regards MD

ps I am still hopefull that they can produce
                  Interests include:
                  Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

They will ...

MK
                    <font size="1">
                    Celeron II 700 @ 1,1 GHz
                    ASUS CUSL2-C, Bios 1009 final
                    Alpha 6035MFC, 60 -> 80mm adapter
                    2 x 80mm Papst Cooler 19/12dB
                    256 MB PC133 Crucial 7E (CAS2)
                    Maxtor Diamond MAX VL40
                    ATI Radeon 8500 64MB @ Catalyst 3.0
                    Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
                    Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400
                    Plustek Optic Pro U12B
                    HP Deskjet 959C
                    Plantronics LS1 Headset
                    all on W2k Professional SP2
                    </font>

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it.

Jammrock
                      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Sorry to have contributed to their thread, but I HAD to defend Matrox's honor there. The G400 series was not late (at least not late compared to the market at the time), nor was it underpowered at the time.
                        "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                        Gainward Ti4600
                        AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Posted at beyond3d by malakas (?) :

Over in the Matrox Forums Haig the customer support chief said that matrox solved the BW problem using 512 bit mem interface. IS that the same as Bit Boys interface. Thats what shows in the diagram on their website. Also that would explain why Matrox is so late with a new Next gen card.

1. Is that true ?
                          2. Is there a link to Haig's posting ?

Edit:

link to b3d (new thread)

Last edited by Hati; 6 August 2001, 23:18.

Comment

yeah, of course he posts that sort of stuff is posted on a tech support forum (lol).

in other words, no chance that that was posted there, ever

Comment

8)
                              because I am the source of those news maybe I have to say something too.

That board _WAS_ Real. There was over 150 ppl watching and noone did doubt it being fake.

Also, I have inner circle information about bb's situation but I can't discuss about it yet.

and all of you who are saying Bitboys as ShitBoys, you Highly suggest you to search my posts here with word "Bitboys". In your knowledge, there is huge empty spaces. I have been following BB ppl actions since 1992, so don't come to me talk that kind of mumble jumble.

and what comes to that DualHead thing, Here is what I have to say about it:

as a note: I have owned 2 Matrox boards (G400 and G200, both were single heads, but many friends of mine had DualHead boards so I know what I am talking about.) and they have been best cards ever.

Just wait and watch what hapens...
                              Last edited by Nappe1; 8 August 2001, 02:51.
                              "Dippadai"

Comment

Working...
                              X