IE 5.5 sp2 relesed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE 5.5 sp2 relesed!

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Shucks I'm using IE6.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
      I'm using IE6.
      I feal sorry for you!
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Here is a list of what is fixed!

Comment

Why do you feel sorry for me. It works what more do I want?
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Note... this is for Win2K not Win9x peeps

IE 5.5 sp1 is still the lastest for 9x users.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Strange. I downloaded the entire set and it's for 9x.
              C:\DOS
              C:\DOS\RUN
              \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Says it supports:

Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.5 Service Pack 2 for Windows NT 4.0
                Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.5 Service Pack 2 for Windows 2000
                Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.5 Service Pack 2 for Windows 95
                Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.5 Service Pack 2 for Windows 98
                Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.5 Service Pack 2 for Windows 98 Second Edition
                Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.5 Service Pack 2 for Windows Millennium Edition

Dave
                Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Interesting cause I have IE 5.5sp1 installed and it reported I was trying to DL the wrong version... go figure... M$
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I'll try it when I get home and let you know. Which will be about 4-5 hours from now.

Dave
                    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Consider yourself lucky PIT. IE6 fuXx0r3D my win2k pro installation
                      [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                      Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                      Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                      Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                      Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

IE 6 works great on my P133... no problems whatsoever... LOL

Can't say the same for my good system... LOL... maybe they took supporting legacy aged machines too far...
                        AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
                        AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
                        Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
                        Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

In case anyone is interested, IE 6.0 goes gold August 15
                          according to
                          The Register

p.s. I got the news from Voodoo Extreme

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                            Interesting cause I have IE 5.5sp1 installed and it reported I was trying to DL the wrong version... go figure... M$
                            So did I worked fine! Delete the [/i]Windows Update Setup Files[/i] folder and try again

Comment

Greebe, I just finished installing it and it worked fine under win98se. Just passing along the info as promised, but a little late.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X