Can't capture with Premiere 5.1c & G400TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't capture with Premiere 5.1c & G400TV

I recently installed the Matrox G400TV. I am running Premiere 5.1c. Premiere does not see the capture device. When I try Ulead Video Studio 3.0, and other programs, they see the Matrox board. I have installed the presets from Matrox into the settings folder in Premiere and also the ini file in the same folder as premiere.exe. I am using the Canon GL1 (awsome camera by the way).

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Paul Smith

Also...Matrox tech support indicated that they don't support Premiere, however, they know there are people who get it to work with G400, so they refered me here. Sorry if this has been asked and answered before...I looked and could not find the info.

Paul Smith

Comment

I just got the Marvel 400-TV card a month ago and had the same problem. I was using the AIW and the Studio DC10+ without a problem except these cards don't work with Premiere. I worked on the problem constantly and could not find a solutions so I decided to reinstall Win98 second edition and reinstall all the drivers and Premiere without loading anything else and everything worked just like I was told it would.
      It seems that for some reason all the other capture cards I had installed were interfering with the Marvel and Premiere. Uninstalling these cards did not help you need to do a clean install of win98.
      Hope this helps.

Brewser

Comment

Hi Paul,

It's true that a number of the "residents" here are seeking the grail of getting Premiere to work with the G400's - with varying amounts of success.

It's also true that Matrox doesn't support Premiere, and conversely Adobe doesn't support Matrox, so anyone who gets sucked into the spiral is on their own (apart from others in the same position).

I'd be interested to hear who at Matrox sent you here (purely from a "professional" point of view). Please email me to let me know if you can.

Thanx

Chris

Comment

Working...
        X