Another reason why I hate speed humps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another reason why I hate speed humps

When the heavens open (Pissing it down) it's hard to see the little bast?""s. You see what look likes a turtle if you're lucky and you can place yourself accordingly.
    Another thing if the hump goes across the road you get a lake on one side and you ain't supposed to drown your cat. Now if my cat is stuffed do I sue the local council???
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

I usualy break when I see a turtle on the road in front of me!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

You get points off your Petrol if you squash them

Now the Uboats thats a real problem I had one try to torpedo my front tyre the other day.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by Guru
        I usualy break when I see a turtle on the road in front of me!
        does it hurt when you break Guru??

Comment

I consider overly analytical PHDs speed bumps at work....LOL

I run over them as hard and fast as possible

Paul
          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Yeah Paul...

I'm with you on that one....

People with PHd's can be totally lacking in common sense and decisivness.

A PhDer's favorite catch phrase...

"It seems fine... but what if...<etc>"

No offence intended to any of the higher educated that frequents the boards...

AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
            AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
            Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
            Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

So Paul that explains why you wear those titanium spiked, steel toed golf shoes to work!
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

LOL.... Best way to deal with those PHd "Pizza Hut delivery" boys and their arrogant attitudes.

Paul
                "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Yep, when I'm reviewing resumes and I see "PHD" and previous experience consists of "research assistant" at varous academic institutions, I just forward the resume to another department.

I need an engineer willing to go into the fab and do some actual work -- not publish another technical paper...
                  My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Working...
                  X