@home Self Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @home Self Install

Has anyone gotten the @home self install kit that you can get from a number of Major Electronics stores? I'm curious since I was kicking around going this route and was Wondering if there was any pitfalls that where out of the ordinary...

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

GT98,

Although I wouldn't really call it a pitfall, I feel that these @Home
    kits are just useless money-making gimmicks.
    I've had my Motorola CyberSURFR cable modem for more than
    three years and I've never thought that the @Home kits were
    worth purchasing.

Save your money!

Comment

All you need for most @Home two way setups, is a DOCSIS compatable modem connected to a nic.

Call your local @Home cable provider, they'll need the MAC addy of the nic and possibly the make, M# and or serial # of the modem and some info about you and that should get you going.

If you need help on setup, just ask here, many of us either have or have had @Home before and know basically all the ends and outs on setup and install needed.
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Oh forgot one thing.. a length of coax to connect the modem to the wall jack
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X