No announcement yet.

Win2000 SR2: Videotools won't install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2000 SR2: Videotools won't install?

I just tried to install Matrox videotools on my PC which has Windows 2000 SR 2 (German). I have a Marvel G200.
    I tried both the combinations "official drivers:Official videotools" and "leaked drivers:leaked videotools" with the same result:

The drivers install OK, the videotools not. The installation routine starts the Windows Installer service, which then aborts without installing the package. What the heck is wrong here?

The event protocol only says "Product: ISScript -- Installation operation completed successfully. " which is funny to say the least.
    Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Are you logged in as Administrator?

Its all I can think of. "Final Release" drivers and video tools instaled without incident for my G200 Marvel on W2K SR2 -- not that they do much, but better than nothing I guess. Leaked drivers and tools don't work for me (crashes/lockups).

Perhaps the current video tools are "English Only"?

--wally.

Comment

Yes, I'm administrator.

I noticed something funny though, during the installation of Videotools the "Abbrechen" (=cancel) button of MSI suddenly changes its text into "Cancel". I tried both the English and the German language versions of Videotools.

I guess there must be some kind of language problem in the installation routine. Just to be sure, I'll try a re-install on a clean Win2k version.

Comment

are you logging in each time or do you have your system in single user mode?

Comment

I am logging in manually as "administrator" each time.

My hardware:

Asus CUSL2-C board, 256 mb 2-2-2 ram

Celeron 700
          Marvel G200
          SB 64 PCI
          Accton Cheetah NIC
          2 hard disks (IBM 8 GB and Maxtor 40 GB)

Comment

Working...
          X