This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something that hidden in G550!!

I was very syrprise that actually G550 was G800 because when I use driver version5.52 with the G550 sample board. and the windows detected the card as G800!!
    So What do you think??

Weird!

That's what I think. If this really is the G800 that matrox has been working on for 2 years, then those of us who has been waiting for a new gaming card has yet another two dark years of waiting ahead of us.

Comment

I am SOOOOOOO disapointed....

here I thought you found a "UFO Inside" or "Top Secret" sticker on the card or a gremlin in the package......

-pickle
      Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

How'd you get a sample board anyway?

Ciao

Comment

What do I think?
          I think that if you really have a "sample board", you won't be getting any more in the future
          Matrox takes their NDAs very seriously
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

and the windows detected the card as G800!!
            more to the point, does it perform like a G550 or the elusive G800?

Comment

and anyway, if you really <I>did</I> have the sample board, you would also have correct drivers which detect the card correctly.

Anyway, I can force install the so-called G800 drivers onto my G400 - doesn't work too well, but in windows it's listed as a G800.

Comment

From what I gather it seems that the G550 was a cutdown version of the G800. Whether or not they couldnt get the g800 to work is another matter.

regads Michael
                Interests include:
                Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Hey Kruzin, any idea how long/when sample boards are shipping?
                  I'm supposed to be getting one at work for some testing with our medical flat panels.

Comment

Hey Beebee, send us some of that good Thai Weed your smoking

Paul
                    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Well, it is the board that sent to dealer for testing. I think it is the BIOS of the board itself that Matrox did not hide the G800 information very well and moreover, all the feature of G800 is in G550 but was disable by BIOS and driver itself that make me very sure that G550 has a lot of features hidden inside the chip.
                      This is just my opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by ALBPM
                        Hey Beebee, send us some of that good Thai Weed your smoking
                        LOL!!

Comment

&gtWell, it is the board that sent to dealer for testing.

So, the question is, who do you work for that you just f*cked? Maybe some boards are out there, I don't know. But I can be damn sure that anything like that would be under Matrox NDA. If you're telling the truth, then there's a broken NDA, and I don't envy your position. Either you're dumb enough to mess up your own business, or you really screwed your own boss over. I'd hate to be a part of your position, but I'd love to watch what happens next.
                          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Didnt Rags say that he couldnt divulge anything about the G550 until the reviews were released on some of the major sites. If so what makes you think that BeeBee (et al) are under the same NDA restrictions?

As an aside what is so f**king important about this card that makes people everyone so tight lipped?

regards MD
                            Interests include:
                            Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

It's a matter of national security! Where's the FBI, CIA, and/or NSA at?!?!?!?!?!? I personaly think that unless Matrox really does have something special just around the corner, they're just being jerks by keeping the NDA up when we already know that people have the cards. I honestly think the part about waiting for the reviews to get out is a load of B.S. because most reviews are meaningless. Especialy if the card is as unspectatular as it appears, the poor guys reviewing it are probably thinking "Oh great... another Gx00 card, woohoo...". How many ways can you say "Great 2D, slow but purty 3D, nice drivers, good dual head impementation, oh and get this... CREEPY FLOATING POSSESED LIP-SYNCED HEADS!!!".

Comment

Working...
                              X