Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macrovision, VCD

Hello guys !!!

I'm a new member, and i'm trying to pass my VHS to VCD for PAL TV, i will apreciate any help that you can give me. Thanks.

I have a MARVEL G400 TV and i already tried WIN98 and WIN2K with diferent display driver and diferent video tools, but the macrovision signal don't disappear. At this moment i have my machine with a clean install of WIN2K with SP1 and SP2, please help me with the display driver, video tools and macrovision patch that i should use.

NOTE: QDI Advance 9 BIOS is updated (v1.9slc) and MATROX BIOS is updated to (v2.08 PAL TV).

After that what is the best software to capture?
    (Adobe Premiere 6, Ulead Video Editor, VirtualDub, AVI_IO,PC-VCR)

What Codecs?
    (PicVideo Motion MJPEG Codec, Huffyuv, Matrox MJPEG)

Please give me a tip for the configuration of the Codec.

Sorry about my bad english.
    SSilva

Hi Sergio!

There are some patches for macrovision at this site, and recently a post on how to alter the necessary files if the patch won't do it.

Myself, I've run into VHS tapes where the signal level is very low on purpose, & where it drops even further from time to time just to prevent copying. In those cases, I've had to use an external hardware device to boost the signal level -- there are several on the market, plans avail. to build your own, and I've had luck even with a cheap video mixer.

Software for capture is up to you, but most seem to prefer AVI_IO, with VirtualDub a close second.

If you're going to play your VCDs on a TV, you might want to capture at 1/2 size, both fields (the NTSC equivilent would be 352 x 480 -- I'm not sure the PAL size) and consider the SVCD format.

If you want to play them back only or mostly on PCs, there's more then I can write in a single post. You can get away with the PAL equivilent of 352 x 240, or go half or full size and then use the 2nd field for IVT &/or deinterlacing. I'd suggest reading all the posts and FAQs you can find, visit the VCD sites, then try out the various options for yourself. The only thing definite is there is no single best way to do it -- or at least one you can get everyone to agree on.

RE: codecs, HUFFYUV is very, VERY popular, in my opinion followed by Picvideo and Morgan. Again, see which one works best for you. Myself, I've found it depends a lot on the video I'm capturing, and what I intend to do with it as all have their strengths and weaknesses. For going to wmv I prefer the hardware Matrox mjpeg for example.

Hope that helps
    mikie

Comment

Working...
    X