G400/RR-G and DV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400/RR-G and DV

Is it possible to use a G400 card with both the RR-G and a DV Card? I was told by Matrox that it wouldn't work, but it seems from some of the comments on this forum that it will. If so, what is the best DV card to get with that combination?

Mikko..what are the changes you need to make to Ulead.ini in order to get both the RRG and the Raptor working?

Comment

Yippee,

I've just been running an ADS Pyro alongside a G200 Marvel and using VideoStudio 4.

The only "problem" I've had so far is that I have to use control panel to ignore the Marvel when I want to capture from the DV. That's the work of a few seconds. The OS tells you that you "might" need to reboot, but I didn't and it still worked.

Haven't had time to put it all through its paces yet, but VS will capture from both sources.

Comment

I have a G400 Dualhead + RR-G combo with Canopus DVRaptor proprietary DV card. This setup works fine. To use the correct card in MSP to preview I have to exchange a couple of lines in ulead32.ini, but otherwise it's no hassle.
        I highly recommend the Raptor for DV work.
        mikko

Comment

Install MSPRO clean, then save a copy of the clean ulead32.ini. Install one card, save the modified ulead32.ini, then replace it with the clean one, install the other card, save the new ulead32.ini with the other card's modifications. Compare these.

mikko

Comment

Working...
          X