Sony DVMC-DA1 with Pyro or Raptor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony DVMC-DA1 with Pyro or Raptor?

How does the Sony DVMC-DA1 work with the Pyro or DV Raptor? With the DV Raptor, can you use the the Sony analog out for full screen preview while editing (like you can with a camcorder)?

I'm looking to start working in DV (I have a Marvel G200 system with lots of HD space), but I can't afford a camera or an RT2000 yet. (I will probably by a higher end DV or mpeg2 card when the next generation of cards is released.)

I do have occassional access to a DV camera (GL-1), so I could output my final projects to tape, but I would like the option of digitizing my analog footage straight onto my drives without dubbing to DV tape first (and without having to borrow the camera).

I was also wondering if any DV cameras (like the Canon) can do this real-time analog in to firewire out (without recording to tape)conversion like the DVMC?

------------------
    Please visit http://spincycle.n3.net - My System: Celeron 300a(@450/2v),Abit BH6, 128mb RAM, Win98SE, Marvel G200TV, Diamond MX300, Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 20g system drive, DiamondMax Plus 40 capture drive, IBM 8g Deskstar program drive, Adaptec 2940UW SCSI, 9gb Barracuda UWSCSI video drive, Hitachi GD-2500 DVD-Rom, UltraPlex CD-Rom, Plexwriter CD-recorder, Viewsonic PT775, Soundworks 4.1 speakers

[This message has been edited by cjyo~ (edited 15 March 2000).]
    Please visit http://spincycle.n3.net - My System: Celeron 300a(@450/2v),Abit BH6, 128mb RAM, Win98SE, Marvel G200TV, Diamond MX300, Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 20g system drive, DiamondMax Plus 40 capture drive, IBM 8g Deskstar program drive, Adaptec 2940UW SCSI, 9gb Barracuda UWSCSI video drive, Hitachi GD-2500 DVD-Rom, UltraPlex CD-Rom, Plexwriter CD-recorder, Viewsonic PT775, Soundworks 4.1 speakers

cjyo~,

I haven't used the A-D converter - but if your current tapes are 8mm / Hi-8 why don't you get a SONY D8 camcorder. You should be able to pick up one of these for around about the same prive as the A-D converter - and you get into full digital video sooner.

Go with the RAPTOR and leave your MARVEL in the system. I have Raptor with Marvel G200. I have a SONY PC7E mini-DV and TR7000E (D8) camcorders.

Phil
    AMD XP 1600+ ,MSI K7TPro2-RU, 512Mb, 20Gb System, 40Gb RAID0 , HP 9110 CD-RW, Pioneer DVD/CD, Windows 2000 Pro SP2, ATI RADEON 7000, Agere OHCI 1394, DX8.1, MSP 6.5, Midiman USB AudioSport Quattro (4 channel 24bit/96Khz sound unit)

Comment

Working...
    X