media management sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• media management sucks

Does anyone know of any good media/content management systems that would be good for catalogging video files. I have about 200 files and they're growing each day and I'm the only person who knows how they are organized in a folder. I wanted to start working with a couple of friends, but I don't know how to go about organizing the media. I guess we could all work out a directory system, but i was just wondering if anyone knew of any good kind of software that helps me keep track of that stuff. Or at least where I could start looking. Thanks a lot for any help.

i used to use a product called ThumbsPlus for cataloguing stills a few years back. Since the version that I had (and still have) did everything that I needed, I didn't bother with the upgrade path. I don't know whether it caters for video style files now or not, but the authors were always pretty sharp on keeping it up to date.

It kinda looks like the PSP "browse" function except that it keeps a database of shots which you can assign keywords and stuff to so that you can recall by subject or whatever at a later date.

Thumbsplus is published by Cerious Software, go check it out

Comment

Definitely checkout Thumbs+ The version I have does support media files like MPEG, MOV and AVI, although I only use it for stills.

You can download a free trial.
      I think www.cerious.com will get you there eventually.

--wally.

Comment

Awesome

Thanks a lot! I will look into it. Sounds perfect.

Comment

Working...
        X