Best DVI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best DVI?

I am currently using a G450 but there appears to be no DVI upgrade for it. What's up with that? What's the best DVI Matrox card right now?

The G400 + DVI says it only supports 60Hz at 1280x1024. I'm getting an LCD that supports 85Hz at that resolution.

I looked for info on the G550 on Matrox's site but it doesn't talk about maximum DVI refresh at that resolution.

Any info would be appreciated. I tried using the search engine but it won't let me search for DVI... too short of a search term!

Why do you want more than 60Hz from a DVI? They don't have the flicker problems of CRT.

Otherwise, what's the latest info on the G550?
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Hmmm... if it makes no difference between 60Hz and 85Hz on LCDs, why bother making an LCD that supports that refresh rate?

I guess I should wait for the G550 instead of buying a DVI daughter card for a G400... pity they aren't making a DVI card for the G450... mine is only a few months old.

Comment

Are you sure that the 85Hz you're looking at isn't for an analog LCD?
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
        X