Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJPEG to QuickTime? Use AVI Synth??

Hi all,

I've recently installed Darwin Server on my Linux machine and would like to stream some content that is currently in MJPEG format.

Unfortunately, QT Pro does not read Matrox MJPEG files properly (only half of the video is visible -- one field...The lower half of the video is totally white). Using Morgan MJPEG to output doesn't work either.

What I'd like to do is render an hour-long project in QT Pro with the Sorenson codec as a hinted video with chapters.
    Unfortunately, to do this, I'd have to re-render my project as a non-MJPEG format (maybe raw AVI) and then re-compress in QT Pro. This is a real pain, and would require A LOT of space.

I've heard a little about AVI Synth. Would this allow me to render directly from the MSP timeline as "RAW AVI" and patch the output through to QT Pro, all in one step?? Or am I dreaming?

Thanks,
    JT

Ouch! Haven't tried importing into QT for some time -- I'll have to give it a look.

RE: avisynth, my understanding is it works to chain various apps together, so if you have just one that reads format a, and another that exports format b, it ties the two together. IOW, you'll need one app that can read your mjpeg source, chained to another (QT?) to do the export -- assuming QT will accept the avisynth input it should work.

There are also a few other apps out there for this sort of thing that might work if avisynth doesn't, like vfapi .

mikie

Comment

Working...
    X