mpg size is too big!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mpg size is too big!!

Take a look at this website's list of mpg's: http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/tekkentag/_movies2.shtml

The mpg called Chang Juggles is 47 seconds and 5.5 megs. I also created a 47 second movie, but it's at 11 megs. Has anyone been able to make a 47 second movie that is only 6 megs or less using the Marvel G400?

If you have pleeaaassee tell me what I am doing wrong, my website won't host any file bigger than 10 megs.

btw- I would like to keep the video at 30fps.

[This message has been edited by THX (edited 16 March 2000).]

Hi there!

I only work with MPEG fairly rarely, so I'm no authority by any means. But one should be along shortly, so...

Anyway, MPEGs, as I understand them, can have a large number of different data rates, meaning that you could have one that has been set at 600k/sec and another that runs at maybe 2 meg/sec, and so on (I don't know what the actual valid rates are, so don't quote those rates). Anyway, I'm pretty certain you should be able to make a smaller MPEG than that at 30fps with a lower data rate. Of course, you lose quality as you lower your data rate. There's no way around that, but there's probably a trade-off that you can find for size vs. quality that should make you happy.

Try messing around with data rates, and you should find one you like, hopefully. You can also change the dimensions to smaller, but again, you lose quality. I'd try the data rate thing, myself...

Hope this helps,
    Matt

Comment

Working...
    X