I hate that when ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate that when ...

... you found out that your sound card problems were to do with your video card.... aargh !

Hi All !!!

I don't know if any of you recall the hassles I've had getting sound to work in Mandrake (7.2 and 8.0) from boot with the G400-TV but I've figured it out.

What I was getting was that only after booting windows then warm rebooting into Linux would the sound work.
    Other symptoms included the lack of any error messages in Linux when any sound apps were run suggesting that at the system level it was a "happenin' thang".

The sound problem appears to be related to an initialisation issue with the G400-TV's BOB.. I never thought to bypass the BOB's audio in and feed directly into my amp (and the Creative Vibra 128 was jumpered to 'Line Out' which explained why the old headphone test failed as well... doh! ) until this evening. (How long has linux been installed ... three months ?)

I also hate it when you decide to remove Linux off your multi-OS drive and you accidently kill Windows BEFORE you made those back-up cds !!!!!!! (However the reinstall of L-M 7.2 I did may yet prove helpful as I can still read the partition even though I can't boot it.)

Cya !

zaphod
    We believe it is far better to face reality than it is to stick our heads, sand-like, into an ostrich - Dr. Fegg
Working...
X