Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G550 to be released Wednesday?

Hi,

I read on Matrox's shopping site that the G550 is going to be available August. Does anyone know if that is the beginning of August, end of August, or somewhere in the middle? Then again, is it going to be the announcement of the real release date?

Thanks

Well, I know for a fact that everything about G550 is done and Matrox is in full swing in board production , don't know how many a day!? However, before you can buy it , they have contracts with OEM manufacturers that they have to fullfil, since thats where the big money is So as far as availabililt for your to buy , I would guess somewhere at the end of August. And do not buy from Matrox site, it is ridiculously expensive!!
    -<= Its all about point of view ....
    =>-

Comment

And do not buy from Matrox site, it is ridiculously expensive!!
      Hmmm at $125 I don't concider it rediculously expensive...

Craig
      1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

what I meant was that their prices on their site, is higher than the outside store. I can buy any of their produtct atleast 20-30% cheaper from the store near my house! $125 is actually very cheap for a card with all those features! Matrox cards were the most expensive 2 years ago, but now, you can't go wrong!
        -<= Its all about point of view ....
        =>-

Comment

Using classic Matroxese the item will be available "soon"

-pickle
          Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Hi,

Any suggestions for getting the complete package (not a stripped down VAR deal) cheaper are welcome.

I was hoping that an August release meant the start of the month. Hopefully, it is to be released in August.

Comment

How slow can Matrox be???????????
              Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

They arent slow, just making sure the job gets done right
                Interests include:
                Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

More likely they are concentrating on the OEM market and making sure that they fill those orders completely before the Gen. Public gets a shot at it..

It's all about money, they sell more OEM cards than they will Retail...
                  My Guess would be like Aug. 27 or so...

Craig
                  1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

Working...
                  X