It's gonna be one of those Mondays...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's gonna be one of those Mondays...

Sometimes, you just know you should have called in sick.

Get up 15 minutes late. Not feeling too good and contemplate calling in sick. Decide to tough it out.
    Don't have time to make any sandwiches for lunchtime. Looks like MacDonalds burger for lunch again.
    Remember to put forms for car tax and my chequebook in my bag so I can get the cars taxed at lunchtime. By a quirk of fate, tax on both runs out on the same day.
    Put the rechargable shaver on charge so I can shave when I get to work, saving me 5 minutes.
    Decide to drive the GTi to work as I need the adrenaline hit that I dont get from the diesel.

Cracking drive to work makes me feel better. Arrive well on time. Remember to park in the shade and leave the sunroof open a crack for ventilation.
    Get to the office. Remember my passcard and locker keys are in the other car, sitting at home.
    Get a spare pass from security so I can get into my office.
    Its 8am and its 27.5 degrees Celcius at my desk already. Turn on the aircon and all fans in the vain hope today will be bearable.
    Go to shave. Remember that my shaver is on charge at home. Decide to be scruffy today. See the offices other perenial unshaven guy - he's clean shaven and smart this morning.
    Decide to fill out the car tax forms as I have nothing else to do. Realise I havent brought the required MOT or Insurance certificates with me. Tax on both runs out tommorow.
    9am. Temperature at my desk now 28.3 degrees C.

It's going to be one of those days....
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

man, hope the rest of your day is as eventful!

Comment

Working...
    X