Partition Manager. Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partition Manager. Recommendations?

AFter reading all of the scary things about partition magic, I decided to ask you guys what a good partition software package I can use for Win2k?

Thanks,

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Scary things with PM??

I've never had a problem using PM 5.

amish
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

In all the times I have used Partition Magic, I have only had it screw up just once. All in all, not bad.
      Interests include:
      Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Well the only problem I've encountered with Partition Magic is that version 5.0 does not support Win2K. Only the updated 5.01 does, and it only works from a boot disk. Version 6.0 supports it natively. Otherwise, I've never ran into any trouble using it, excluding the times when the problem was the link between the keyboard and the chair

Comment

ok, I tried PM 6.0 after failing to find something else that looked decent and I am happy to say that the partitioning went perfect without a hitch. I am actually really impressed with this program. It is straight forward and very easy to use.

Dave
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Just remember to do a backup before doing anything like this on drives with important data on!

I used good old PM4 last night - I got a single boot disk which fits on DOS files, A mouse driver and PM4

Comment

I own Partition Magic Pro 6.01 and it works perfectly. Tried it in Win ME, 98 and W2K. Seems the best partitioning and FAT recovery utility out there.

Comment

FO-SI! FO-SI! FO-SI!

PUI, it's a public holiday here
                [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Working...
                X