Very low audio level with G400-TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very low audio level with G400-TV

The audio that I record along with video using my G400-TV is almost non-existant and I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I have every volume level thant I can find turned up to maximum. I have a Soundblaster Live! which seems to perform normally.

Please help.

Don Wise

For a long time ago I've by-passed the BOB audio for the same reson: louder audio.
    It works fine.

Fred H
    It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
    ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Just a thought, go to your audio settings and make sure that stereo mixer is selected as your input. It is under Options, highlight recording and hit OK. It should come up with the input mixer. I always run into the same problem since I use my mic for Net2phone.
      WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Thanks to all for the replies.

This past time, I was using the S-video input connected to a digital camcorder and I had no audio at all. Does the S-Video connector contain audio? Previously I have used a VCR for input and the audio was extremely weak. I thought I remembered seeing a post right after I bought the G400-TV about weak audio and a fix for it, but I never followed up and found the solution.

I can't find "stereo mixer" under any of my audio settings. I can't even find an "Options" selection. I am using Avid Cinema which came with the G400-TV The "Audio In Setup" in Avid Cinema has selections for CD, Line In, Microphone, Auxliiary/CD, Telephone, MMIDI, Wave Out, and four more MIDI selections. The mixer for my Soundbalster Live! has Play Control, CD-Audio, Line-In, Microphone, Auxillary, TAD-In, Line-In2/Microphone, Wave/Direct Sound, MIDI, CD-Digital and SPDIF-In, and all of them are enabled and turned up.

Thanks again.

Don Wise

Comment

I know that you don't believe me, but if you double click on the speaker in your Systray it will open up the entire mixer for the playback portion. Go to Options>Properties and select record. Hit OK and it will open up the record mixer settings. This is different than the playback mixer even though you have a line in pot. That is just for passing through audio, to enabel recording you can only have one input source selected at a time. I have Line input turned up all the way on my Playback mixer, but I will not record any audio form the G400 unless I change the record mixer to stereo input from mic.

As for your newest question S-Video does not contain any audio. It is a component video signal consisting of Luminance and Chrominance and their respective gnd signals (thus four pins). It is higher quality than composite video which is both signals combined in a standard TV signal. There is more bandwidth for each signal and less loss. It isn't as good as true component (RGB), but it's as good as you'll get without dropping some serious cash. It is also better because the signal is less processed and closer to what is actually layed down on the video tape.

Hope this helps
          WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

That looks like it should do the trick. I did not know about the Playback/Record choice under Options-Properties.

THANKS !!!!!

Comment

You're welcome, I had the same problem a while back. If I used PC-VCR and reconfigured the audio options it would work. Of course like every good little MURCer I use avi_io to capture. It was one of those strange things that once you look at it makes sense, but until then it can be frustrating.

Comment

Well I must be a bad little MURCer. I don't even know what avi_io is.....

Comment

AVI_IO = great Windows capture program ever...

Comment

Where can obtain this AVI_IO?

Comment

Costs 25 USD to register. Support is 1st class. Well worth the money...

Comment

I apologize, didn't realize that you guys hadn't heard of this. Marcus Zing has exceptional support of his products. It was by far the best $25 I have ever spent! Check out the demo, it rocks.

Comment

Working...
                        X