Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seen This Problem With MSIK7T266 Before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seen This Problem With MSIK7T266 Before?

The PC system is at my workplace and it has some PS/2 mouse problems even though it is less than a month old.
    The config of the system MSI K7T266, AMD 1.2GHz, MSI Geforce2 GTS, 128MB kingston DDR RAM, 20 GB Quantum HDD, 300W PSU, Win98SE clean install.

The PC is mainly used for games and has Halflife,CS,Diablo2 and Icewind dale installed. The problem appears on and off.
    The problem : a) The PS/2 mouse is not detected in windows or b) when playing games the mouse goes haywire and the pc needs to be rebooted and problem a) happens. Sometimes the keyboard also hangs.
    I tested both the mouse and keyboard on another PC and they are working perfectly. OS can't be the problem as it is a clean Win98SE installation and i am not running any mouse programs.
    I replaced the MOBO with another one but I still face the same problems. I just updated the BIOS to Ver 1.44(A6380vms.140) and to VIA 4-in-1 Ver 4.31(From MSI website) and crossing my fingers and hope this problem doesn't appear again.
    I dont want to put the blame on the VIA chipset until i have sufficient proof.
    Has anyone encountered similar problems with the MSI K7T266?
    Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
    ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Do you have a cordless mouse by any chance? Sometimes my old Logitech Cordless Mouseman Wheel went berserk and refused to respond to button presses and movements.

Comment

nope just using plain old 2 button logitech ps/2 mouse and keyboard and the bios ver is 1.40 not 1.44 as i mentioned above
      Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP

Comment

Have you checked for IRQ sharing? PS/2 is on IRQ12.
        FT.

Comment

thanks tony..
          The irq12 was being shared with USB controllers but even when i disabled the USB controller, the mouse could not be detected.. think i will try fiddling around the bios .. currently plug&play OS is turned off.. maybe i should turn it on

PS:- I am taking a long to reply as i am doing 12hr shift.

Comment

Working...
          X