Ulead Photo Express - Where At?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ulead Photo Express - Where At?

I was hoping if someone could tell me where the Ulead Photo Express software can be found on the CDs packaged with the Marvel G400. I don't have the CDs in front of me, and can't remember if Ulead Photo Express came on a separate CD or if it was hidden somewhere else. Also, were there 3 or 4 CDs that came packaged with the Marvel G400? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    -=ODiN=-

With the G-200, at least, it was separate, but, other than a couple of day's trial, I've never used it. I find Corel PhotoPaint infinitely better and others swear by the Adobe equivalent, which I, personally, don't like because the Windows version smacks of Mac. Technically, there is little to choose between Adobe and Corel, they are both very powerful and the Corel is more intuitive for those used to Windows proggies.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I never even used Ulead Photo Express so that's why I can't even remember, but i gave the CDs to someone else. Did the Marvel G200 come with 3 or 4 CDs?
      -=ODiN=-

Comment

Come on guys, I'm not the only one with a Marvel G400... take a second to help me out... Thanks in advance.
        -=ODiN=-

Comment

Odin,

I've found a Ulead PhotoExpress V2.0 CD sitting here (unopened). I can't tell you whether it came with a G200 Marvel, RR-S or G400 Marvel (I'm not organised enough to catalogue such stuff).

It has ring logo on it saying Five In One, but I think that's the languages supported (as in French, English, German, Italian and Spanish), and another stripe saying that it supports W95/98 and NT - which makes me suspect it's probably an early G400 Marvel offering.

As for the other CD's that were packaged, my recollection is that there were a total of 4 - one for the Matrox drivers & VTs, one for AvidCinema, the PhotoExpress CD and TonicTrouble (the spiffed up game with the creature that ran without legs).

Regardless, PhotoExpress is minor-league and a PITA. You're better off with PaintShopPro (considerably, it's a good product). Adobe Photoshop 5+ is also excellent, but not a cheap option. Although I got a limited freebie with some hardware I bought that I was able to upgrade with a magazine cover CD or something - well it cost me nowt and I didn't pirate it, I can't remember the details now. Layers are really cool once you get a good tutorial and some practise.

Cheers
          Chris
          (This_Idiot)

Comment

Thanks for the reply Chris. I actually use Photoshop myself, but I sold my Marvel G400 recently and I must have forgotten to include the PhotoExpress CD... I'm assuming it also has the Ligos LSX Encoder as well, right?
            -=ODiN=-

Comment

I don't think it's got Ligos on, it's an install CD for PhotoExpress itself and doesn't appear to have anything else on. I'll try and get a G400 Marvel installed on PC2 over the weekend (Wife, weather and shopping permitting) and take a closer look. I don't want to mix that particular CD with this PC.

Comment

Don't worry about it if it's too much out of your way... it's not that big of a deal. Just figured someone would be able to tell me on the spot. Thanks though... appreciate it.
                -=ODiN=-

Comment

Working...
                X