matrox 208 bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matrox 208 bios

Has anyone been running with this bios on Millenium G400 w/RR-G? is it any good? are there any glaring reasons to go to this version?

Always looking to keep my system up to date, I've been wondering if I should flash this bios.

I've been running on Tyan S1854 MB since my Abit BE-6II died, still cause unknown, and have had better luck on the Tyan, with simple set-up, capturing w/out drops than I ever had on the BE-6II tweaked. I know the VIA chipset is not well liked here, but the Tyan board had some features I was looking for.

There are some compatibilty issues between the Matrox G400 and the Tyan MB's, but G400 is listed specifically compatable with the S1854.

I guess since everything seems to be working fine, I shouldn't mess with it eh? I was just wondering if there were any advantages or improvements to the new 208 bios.

Thanks

J.Kein

I have an old Tyan MB, Tsunami AT 1830s. I know it's an old AT, but it had AGP and enough slots to fit my needs, besides I love my case, I've had it for 6 years now! I looked on both the Matrox and Tyan sites for info, but I guess that they don't care about old Slot1 MBs anymore. I couldn't find the updated BIOS that you are talking about. All I saw was the unified and previous bios's for DL. What was the link?
    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Matrox bios link

Here is the link to the new Matrox bios: http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/dr...bios/home2.cfm

There are no release notes that I can tell, so I don't know what the benefits are if any.

The Tyan S1854 supports both slot 1 and socket 370 which is the main reason I bought it. I hope talking so much about the Tyan didn't confuse and make people think I was referring to the MB bios.

Thanks

J.Klein

Comment

Working...
      X