I ordered a Gainward Geforce3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ordered a Gainward Geforce3

Well after using matrox video cards for around 5 years. I decided to go for a Nvidia. I'll look into matrox next year if they have a better all around card for gamers.

Galvin,

Where did you order it from and how much was it?
    AnandTech did a 2D comparison of GeForce3 cards and in their opinion, the Gainward was "
    right on par with the ATI Radeon DDR card we used for comparison, leaving the other GeForce3 cards behind." "

Gainward CARDEXPERT GeForce3 PowerPack !!!

As far as 3D speed goes, we all know how fast the GeForce3 is

Comment

$354 US
      Then shipping which brough it to around 380 or so. I wanted it on saturday but it didn't shipout in time so i'll get it on tuesday.

I already have references drivers and the refresh rate utility downloaded, so i'm set

Comment

Well it's not going to help you much where Max Payne is concerned. http://www.voodooextreme.com/3dpulpit/Main.html#maxtnl

Joel
        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

So the TnL isn't too great. But the massive fill rate and effective mem bandwidth will surely help.
          Primary system specs:
          Asus A7V266-E | AthlonXP 1700+ | Alpha Pal8045T | Radeon 8500 | 256mb Crucial DDR | Maxtor D740X 40gb | Ricoh 8/8/32 | Toshiba 16X DVD | 3Com 905C TX NIC | Hercules Fortissimo II | Antec SX635 | Win2k Pro

Comment

The geforce3 is the fastest 3D card on the market.
            If it has slowdown than nothing will run that game faster. This chip does 800billion instructions per second.

So the game must need more cpu power not a faster graphics card.

Comment

LOOK! a brand spankin new NURCer is born! LOL
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I agree about Max Payne... it's definatly CPU limited more than than anything. The speed difference on my system wasn't that significant between all settings at high and all at medium. That's with a Celeron 2 533A@800 and a G400 MAX on Win98. It's also a good thing EB has decent return policy...

Comment

.....Actually it can help quite a bit:

Here you can read all about the contents of this blog. Explore the different topics we discuss like the latest PC games, tech solutions, video cards, etc.

Note that the hardware TnL is at 1280 X 1024 32 bit, with anisotropic filtering and no FSAA. I've settled on 1024 X 768 32 bit, anisotropic filtering and 2X FSAA. All eye-candy maxed. Looks fanstastic, with only occasional slow downs. For some reason, the point the Reverend highlighted is by far the worst part of the game I've run across.

John

Comment

Working...
                  X