Dropped frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropped frames

No matter what I do, I cannot stop getting dropped frames when capturing in full PAL resolution (704x576). I have just bought the new Seagate 7200 28Gb IDE hard drive (46Mbps with the Maxtrox util)and still get dropped frames.

It is not a lot, but on average its 1 dropped frame per 3 minutes. I have disabled all other tasks (clock, virus checker etc).

I have a celeron 500Mhz with 128Mb/100Mhz memory, is there anything that can do that will stop the dropped frames. ???

go to http://idiots-guide.matroxusers.com/
    click on FAQ's, General FAQ's, Dropped Frames.

There are so many things that can contribute to having a frame drop every 3 minutes or so that it's almost impossible to list them all. After having used the Rainbow Runner for nearly three years with a Hi8 camcorder, I never COMPLETELY rid myself of getting a dropped frame here and there. It's the nature of capturing analog video into the computer, since camcorders are not usually going to send out a 'perfect' frame rate, or a 'perfect' level on every clip you capture. You can tweak everything up and get it near perfect, but it can still happen, nonetheless.

Comment

But, why are you so bored of having one drop frame every 3 minutes? I think you should look mostly at the overall video quality. If all you problems are one dropped frame I think you're really lucky.
      Bye

------------------
      Daniele
      Daniele

Comment

daniele-- There are a few noted problems with editing a clip with even a single dropped frame... for one thing, it crashes a few video editors...

Yes, you should expect them every once in awhile, but it's nice to make it every once in a long while.

Comment

Working...
        X