No announcement yet.

G450etv Capture hangs at 35min 49sec...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450etv Capture hangs at 35min 49sec...

Ok, here's the scenerio...

System:
    abit kt7
    amd t-bird 1100 ghz
    g450 etv
    Dual channel scsi w/atlas drives...
    1ghz memory
    VirtualDub 1.4.5

The problem that I am having is that my G450 etv card ceases capturing/hangs at percisely 35 minutes and 49 seconds. After a few minutes it may start capturing again but all the frames inbetween have been dropped. The drive has plenty of space, I have tried using several different codex's, same result. I have tried different resolutions, different compression ratios, w/audio w/o audio, different input sources... I upgraded the firmware to the latest and still have the same result. I almost suspect heat on the card but i doubt that is it the problem since this always occurs at 35:49. This morning I put back in my old Haupaugh WinTV card and it has no problem going past 35:49 so it must have something to do with the G450 etv card...
    Any Ideas??? Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Rick

looks like i may have the answer...

Will probably invest in the Dazzle II instead... Been reading up on it and doing the DD that I should have done prior to buying this card. Looks good or at the very least worth a test drive.

Comment

anybody else with sim problems
      I'm considering this card as an option
      I've had my RRS for 3or4 yrs now
      thanks
      smitty

Comment

Min captures well past 2 hours with no problems. Have you tried using various capture programs or are you sticking with MPEG-2 as delivered by PC-VCR?

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
        X