Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can G450 view timeline preview onTV?

Hi,
    I have G200+RR and ADS Pyro. When I edit analog video created with MJPEG I can see previw timeline on TV(MSPro6). Can it work for DV too? If not, then when I buy to my second machine G450, bring it this future for me? Thanks.

What editing software are you using?

DV will not output thru the G200+RR as far as I know, only dmb1 codec MJPEG. Premiere6 or MSP6 will send timeline DV back to the camcorder over 1394 so you can use the codec in the DV cam to view analog output on your TV.

A G450 dualhead will output DV to TV via the DVDmax feature.
    This works very well with Premiere6, not very well with MSP6.

--wally.

Comment

Thanks Wally,
      I have Ulead MSPro 6. Please tel me what problem is there with G450? I not need more graphic power. G200 is good for me,all I want is this preview for timeline. As soon as it be possible I try connect TV directly to analog output of my camcorder - when it work, then I need nothing else.

---------------------------------------
      Sorry for my poor English :-(

Comment

The main problem with MSP6 and G450 DVDmax is Ulead used two different video output paths. One for timeline and "preview" window and the the other for the "source" window. When video is playing from the source window, DVDmax works perfectly. Unfortunately when playing from the timeline it only works for rendered playback, scrubbing and single frame advance leave a blank DVDmax output. I've also observed on several systems that having DVDmax enabled with MSP6 causes DV output to have "studders" ruining output back to tape. So basically DVDmax causes problems for MSP6 and is more trouble than its worth at this point. Since Premiere6 works really well with DVDmax, I don't think its something new Matrox drivers can fix.

I think you will find DV preview thru the camcorder useful. You have to hold the scrub bar a couple of seconds before you drag for scrubbing to work, but its pretty usable once yo get used to it. The desktop preview window will be blank when DV is going out 1394 so don't be alarmed. If you forget that your camcorder is on in VTR mode when MSP6 is started you might think preview stopped working if the TV is not hooked up. Turning off the DV cam will restore the desktop preview. But wait ~30 seconds after turning off the DV cam before touching the mouse as I've seen MSP6 lockup if you try to do anything while the camcorder is being removed by plug and play.

I'm hoping MSP6.5 fixes these DVDmax issues.

Good luck!
        --wally.

Comment

Thanks a lot Wally, I'll try it.

Railie

Comment

Working...
          X