Can't see G400 Marvel device in VS5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't see G400 Marvel device in VS5.0

I've just installed Pinnacle Studio DV bundle on my PC (Running Windows ME). Bundle includes Firewire card for DV capture. I also installed Video Studio 5.0 which I was intending to use with the card.

When I start VS5.0 I can now only see the Firewire Capture device and not my Marvel card and Matrox MJPEG codec. "Yes" I want to be able to capture via either device. What's gone wrong?
    NickT

Nick

I've not got VS5 yet, but I did have VS4 working with both a G200 Marvel and an ADS Pyro (under W98SE)

You may need to mess about in Settings/Control Panel/Multimedia to make sure that windows still has a record of both devices, and maybe even use that to switch them before invoking VS.

Doc must have a VS5 rig with multiple capture cards ?

Cheers
    Chris

Comment

HI

Don't have anything with ME, but if it's like win98 SE, system.ini should show

[drivers]
      msvideo=Vcap16.dll

If something else has taken the msvideo spot, try msvideo1=Vcap16.dll

I've got 3 capture sources and all work fine in VS5.

On a sour grapes note, you might not like the results using your g400 in VS5 unless you're doing mpeg2 capture.

mikie

Comment

I looked at System.Ini. Have msvideo=vidcap16.dll as normal but before that I also have MSVideo.VfWWDM=vfwwdm.drv. Before I change anything have you got any comments?
        NickT

Comment

Did you try changing the capture plugin to the Ulead Video for Windows plugin? By default it may come up to use the Ulead DirectShow plugin, which may not work.

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

That was it Doc. Thanks for the tip.
            NickT

Comment

Working...
            X