WMEC 7.1 not able to open any files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WMEC 7.1 not able to open any files

Hi - got another problem from my endless supply :-). I have windows media encoder 7.1 and was toying with capture from my G400, but now for some reason WMEC is unable to open any file types at all (the select source button is greyed out even). Even when attempting to convert a mp3 audio only with the conversion wizz, it comes up with 'cannot find plugin ... blah blah'. I've tried removing all media tools / players, restart and reload to no avail. Microshaft support site knows nothing as usual. Anyone got any ideas?
    @DrP #Windows95 DALnet

The exact same thing happened to me. 7.1 was working fine, then all at once it went bongos and I absolutely, positively could not get it to work at all for anything, not even short sound files. I had to uninstall and go back to 6.4. I read about some sort of wierdness with this version of Media Player, but I can't remember the details of what it was. The upshot, however, was -- it sucks, don't use it.

Comment

Actually, I am using the encoder - not the player - WMP7 doth suck badly. I need to produce some WMEC8 format files.
      @DrP #Windows95 DALnet

Comment

Working...
      X