ATi TV Wonder Works Now !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATi TV Wonder Works Now !!!!!

It's a year and a bit late but fnally my ATi TV Wonder (Conexant BT878 based TV card) works in Win2k and WinMe. ATi posted new drivers and software on July 5th which I somehow managed to miss. I installed them yesterday and eureka, it works. Even video capture. You must have DX8.0a and the DirectX 8 DV update installed. You also must install the latest drivers from the 10.6 MB file available from ATi (regular driver, supported). It is said also to work in Win98SE and Win98, but I no longer have those OSes installed on any drive at home. I actually have DX8.1beta build 920 installed on both WinMe and Win2K. If you have the Oct drivers extracted on your machine, you should delete them or at least rename the folder they are in so that they are not automatically reused when installing the new drivers. I actually force fed windows the new drivers by not choosing search for the best driver.

Anyway I can now use my computer as a TiVo like device
    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

hey way to go denty, but I can't get tv-wonder to capture properly using the new download....specifically I cannot capture in a larger format than 640x240...the "240" width refuse to budge larger to 480...so I am stuck...have you tried to capture in 640x480...and using other codecs...like huffy??

regards

dan
    ps....you state "You also must install the latest drivers from the 10.6 MB file available from ATi (regular driver, supported). "

can you provide a link...because apparently ati did not include new drivers in the tv-wonder download so they have to be gotten elsewhere...so where is the link for the new wonder mmc download and link for the wonder drivers download...?

Comment

Working...
    X