HD Smart + Intel815EEA Mobos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD Smart + Intel815EEA Mobos

Does anybody out there know what the situation is regarding usage of HD SMART on these mobos under W98/W2K - The bios no longer contains an entry for Smart Disabling. Is it automatically disabled, and should one therefore not worry about it at all?

All communications on the subject to Intel has so far produced no response.
    Lawrence

Don't know if this particular MB supports S.M.A.R.T monitoring but my i815EP board does.

If your HDD is a Maxtor then you can get a small util from their website called POWERMAX which is a program to test your HDD, it can also tell you whether S.M.A.R.T monitoring is on or off !
    (if it's off the program turns it on when testing, so this can be done in software )

If you HDD is not a maxtor I suggest you contact the manufactor of your HDD and ask them if they have a program to test this or even turn it on or off

They r tracking us
    Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
    incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

Thanks for the thought there Kosh

The 815EP is in theory the same as the 815E - all that is missing is the onboard video.

Till now I have failed to come up with any reference from Intel on the subject, and all communications on the matter sent to them are most likely promptly filed in file 13.

To be honest I could not care about "SMART" as long as it is not used while I capture! I would just like to confirm that to be the case
      Lawrence

Comment

Working...
      X