Marvel -> Hardware Mpeg/divX player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel -> Hardware Mpeg/divX player?

Just a matter of interest; given the fact that the Marvel does TV out, has anyone ever considered making a dedicated hardware mpeg/divX player with it? I mean, a simple motherboard, hard disk and cdrom drive that boots right into a player program and plays whatever is on the CD?
    Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

I remember seeing a thread about using a G450 to make a dedicated DivX or DVD player. Can't remember whether it was on MURC Desktop Video, Matrox Hardware or Matrox TechSupport forum. It was a quite long and detailed thread, though.

Comment

I had the same idea a few months back. My DVD player (settop) was on the blink again and I just love the idea of being able to upgrade my SW for new DVD formats. The only problem I had was that I needed a terminator for the SVGA output ( I didn't want to put a PC monitor in the living room). I broke down and bought another DVD player. I still have some asperations but they will be future. In the meantime I can use my laptop in the living room, but I would like a dedicated piece of HW.

Check this site out AV Box

I like the remote control, but the video is integrated into the MB aswell as the sound. It looks like the right idea design wise though.
      WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

I have a pc right next to my entertainment center. I use a cordless mouse and clone the display so it shows everything on my TV.

It's pretty handy to have it there. There really isn't anything special about the way I set it up.

The wife isn't too fond of having the computer case, but you can barely see it.

Comment

Working...
        X