Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shifting video-out (DVDmax)

Howdy,

This is my first post here. I couldn't find a similar thread about this topic so here is my problem...

A friend gave me a digital recording of a wedding shower on a CD, and he wants me to record it on VHS tape. This is the first time I have tested the dualhead option of my G400. The problem is that I want to horizontally shift my output to the left a bit. The current output is off center over the edge, leaving a cut off image on one side and a black border on the other.

The file is mpeg and I am recording using DVDmax. I have no problem with dualhead clone since I can adjust the output with the monitor settings, but it will not allow me to adjust the monitor settings for the tv while in DVDmax. Also, I am using DivXG400 to fill in the sides and fix the 32 pixel width bug.

Is there a way to shift the image over using the matrox's driver? Is there a program that can add can add extra pixels width along a side?

Thanks!

HI

Hopefully someone will prove me wrong, but the only way I'm aware of to shift the center of the image is though external hardware or editing the existing video.

mikie

Comment

Originally posted by mikiem
      HI

Hopefully someone will prove me wrong, but the only way I'm aware of to shift the center of the image is though external hardware or editing the existing video.

mikie

Mikie,

That is one of the option that I am trying to explore. I want to know how do I increase the width of the mpeg file by adding a vertical column along the right side of the movie.

banzai

Comment

I don't know if this is of use, but I've observed that when using Windows media player to play back a clip to TV with DVDMax, the clip on the TV changes horizontal size about 10% depending on if WMP is maximised on your PC screen, or in just normal default opening size. You might use this quirk to your advantage, perhaps. Otherwise, you'll just have to reencode the clip eg. with VirtualDub, and make borders, etc.

Graham

Comment

Originally posted by Graham Meredith
          I don't know if this is of use, but I've observed that when using Windows media player to play back a clip to TV with DVDMax, the clip on the TV changes horizontal size about 10% depending on if WMP is maximised on your PC screen, or in just normal default opening size. You might use this quirk to your advantage, perhaps. Otherwise, you'll just have to reencode the clip eg. with VirtualDub, and make borders, etc.

Graham
          Graham,

I did not know that. I will test that out tommorow morning (have to move computer next to tv).

How do I add a border with VirtualDub? Do I need to make a custom filter? Video editing is not my forte.

banzai

Comment

Working...
          X