18k seti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18k seti

Just reached another landmark, only 2k to go before my retirement at 20k units.

I've decided to up my output for a bit, to see if I still have it.

When genome gets a true http port 80 client I'll turn my attention to that.

Breezer
    Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Awesome!

Comment

WTGD!

Guyver
      Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
      - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
      - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
      - 6.1 Digital Audio
      - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
      - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
      - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
      - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
      - LS120 IDE Floppy
      - Zip 100 IDE
      - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
      - NEC FE950
      - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Congratulation with reaching 18k wu.

You've also got the first adult seti-account, with its 18th birthday.

Comment

Congrats Breezer , a very hefty amount of WU's you've acquired.
            What made you decide to retire from S@H at 20k?

Btw did you know you are the 46th highest SETI member in the UK?

Team AnandTech - SETI@H, Muon1 DPAD, F@H, MW@H, Asteroids@H, LHC@H, Skynet POGS.

Main rig - Q9550 @3.6 GHz, HD 5850 (Cat 13.1), 4GB DDR2, Win 7 64bit, BOINC 7.2.42
            2nd rig - E5200 @3.73 GHz, GTX 260 c216, 4GB DDR2, Win XP, BOINC 7.2.42

Comment

Assimilator1,

I've got a little bored with seti and am only running the client on a few machines, also I liked the competition of producing a lot of units and climing the rankings, I got to top spot in seti@murc about a year ago (I never expected to be able to do that with the output that herc, ees and all were producing at the time) but since genome came along the seti@murc output has dropped.
              Also our net charges are going up very soon and will prob be based on the bit count, and when i'm in full swing the seti ip has the highest mb hit count.
              I've had changes in my life as well and my girlfriend (v soon to be wife) calls me a 'sad f**k' for doing seti.

I may have a change of heart, you'll just have to see.

Breezer

Comment

It really is sad to see the decline of SETI@MURC ,to think a year ago our teams were locked in battle swapping positions.

Well I'm glad that v3.03 hasn't triggered the decline of TA ,we have been gradually but surely growing to the point that we are back up to 2k/day (our production rate of v3.0 days!).

What is MURCS daily output?

also I liked the competition of producing a lot of units and climing the rankings,
                heh ,I know a TeAm that you would find it VERY difficult to get to the number 1 spot, or even the top 5

Btw that really sucks about your ISP charges changing :| ,who are you with?.I'm on ntl dialup which is totally free .

Re: your girlfriend ,I guess she just doesn't get it!.
                Team AnandTech - SETI@H, Muon1 DPAD, F@H, MW@H, Asteroids@H, LHC@H, Skynet POGS.

Main rig - Q9550 @3.6 GHz, HD 5850 (Cat 13.1), 4GB DDR2, Win 7 64bit, BOINC 7.2.42

Comment

The charges will be a bit rate to the usa only so we will be encouraging the use of non us web site.

Talking of your top 5, I have never used all of the machines available to me to crunch units at a push I could output 400 units a day, I'll have a go in about 3 weeks as I'll be back at work and remote control and remote wake up will be working on all the pcs.

breezer

Comment

at a push I could output 400 units a day

Jesus christ! :Q ,that's awesome!

Just recently TA was on path to pass SETI@Netherlands ,but then they gained a HUGE super gun in the name of CobraICE ,his output is around 1500/WU's day and can go higher!:Q.This 1 member turned the race against us & they are now pulling away .
                    It's a pitty we don't have any new members at your level ,that would make a REAL difference.Oh well.............

Btw what is SETI@MURC's current daily output?

Comment

I don't know what our stats are check seti.matroxusers.com, i'm too lazy to check myself.

I have 200pcs at my displosal and 6 file servers,2 of these are dual xeon machines so 200*2 = 400.

And your right my girl friend just doesn't get it. I 'm jot allowed to leave my pc on at home 24*7 as it wastes electricity and I don't even live in california, though it doesn't half feel as hot here as it did the last time I was there.

breezer

Comment

Just recently we did a quick tally of how much it cost to run a PC here (Guildford,Surrey).Assuming a 100w draw & running 24/7 it costs £6/mth inc VAT.
                        The 100w draw is about right for a PIII but would probably be more for an Athlon or P4
                        Last edited by Assimilator1; 1 August 2001, 13:52.

Comment

Working...
                        X