Micro ATX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro ATX

I've been looking at rebuilding some of my systems due to my lack of space, I currently can't get my legs under my desk, I have 2 full tower systems, 1 midi tower, 1 desktop, a scanner and various hubs and routers under there.

My bright idea was to rebuild my systems into small footprint desktop cases which I could stack on top of each other. I have been looking at micro ATX cases that would do nicely, the thing is these things come with proprietary PSUs typically 150 or 180W, the questions is how far can I go with one of these PSUs as far as processor goes? <a href="http://www.aopen.com/products/housing/h340d.htm">This one from AOpen is listed as supporting the P4</a>. None of my systems are overburdened with peripherals as such.

Just becase they claime it will work with P4 Don't necesary mean that it has enough of juice to power anything.

P4 support is usualy the special square 4 wire 12 Wolt conector.
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

The 250W PSU on these can handle 1.4GHz T-birds with 2HD's sound card, DVD, G-farce 2, etc.!!!!

Remember the total W. is not the figure you should be looking at its the total A!

To drunk to explain why it right now Greebe....
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Ant, those cases with the small PSU's are intended for highly integrated system (with onboard video and sound). You would be better served with at least a 250W PSU. I like the small size idea though.....you sure you aren't a Mac user at heart? You could get one of those Kleenex...errr..cubes from Mac

Rags

Comment

My fancies change, it was full tower cases, but I'm sitting on the damn things these days they take up so much space

Comment

if space is the REAL consideration.....take a look here:
            RackMountPro designs and builds top quality rack mount servers, storage, chassis and accessories for businesses of all sizes and industries.

they have a few goodies here and a server cube i am drooling over for when I get back to work....

-Dil
            Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

My other option of course is to buy a bigger house

Comment

Ant, you might try getting deeper cases like the Lian Li PC30. It will take a normal ATX power supply and is very light because it's made of machined aluminum. It is also very expensive because it is made of machined aluminum. Oh well, it looks cool.

The best deals on computers, computer parts, desktops, laptops, electronics, tablets, software, gaming, hard drives, CPUs, motherboards, cables, and much more. With fast shipping and great customer service from Houston, Texas!

Canadian web designer using Wordpress and the DIVI theme. One stop shop with full support by phone or chat. Hosting, Domains, DNS all done for you, Cpanel, Toronto, Ontario, Niagara Falls. Friendliest explanations and training.

Comment

Hey Ant!

Check this one out...you can put whatever PS in it you like..

Comment

That's an Elan Vital T-5 ATX case. Sure you can find your own way around their site
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X