Matrox interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox interview

I tend not to spam forums with news (as in, I never have), but I figured ya'll would like to know that we've finished our interview with Matrox at http://www.systemlogic.net/articles/...troxinterview/.

If you have any feedback, we'd appreciate it if you went to our forums to give us your thoughts

Sorry to spam, but a number of users of this forum gave question suggestions, so I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew about this.

Paul Mazzucco
    Processor/Technology Editor

You're more than welcome Paul

Comment

Amazing how people can talk and talk and say absolutely nothing.

Comment

Being most serious this time folks.

I couldn't agree more KvH. These PR and Marketing people can fill pages and pages with absolutly meanless dribble.

Features-features-features

This really scares me!!!!!!

When will they realize that worthless Features and Gimicks which really aren't supported that much - at least in most of the more popular applications are NOT what the public wants.

Does the term "Marchitecture"scare the HELL out of you guys like it does with me.

I think the Marketing crowd at Matrox is getting too carried away with these meaningless "Features"
        to satisfy their own egos and not listening to and Lying with "Statistics" to justify this with their management.

It's too easy to use Statistics to say that only 2-3% of the market are Retail customers and Gamers. But!!!!! This 2-3% are the ones active on the internet in hardware forums and other sites. Sure it's a small percentage but they are the ones, the few who know how to build and customize their PCs. They are the ones the average guy will go to for advice on how to fix their systems and what should I buy next.

People want "Speed and Bandwidth" for games and business applications. Not silly features in a memory bandwidth crippled "Businiess Card".
        Not special instruction sets that aren't supported by any OS or applications.

It's sad but true Matrox like many other companies are suffering from "Marcitecture"

dj
        My Packurd bell 166Megahurtz runnin at 233 on a ABIT ITH5 muther board,
        128MB EDO ECC RAM and a hole bunch of other cool stuff.

Comment

The only thing I found interesting about the interview was the comment on the Kyro Cards....otherwise much about nothing! Only thing I'm conserned about is if/when Matrox is going to decide to come out with a Faster Card in 3D and thats not based off the G400 core thats over 2 years old....I guess I'll be waiting on a Kyro 3 card, instead of a Matrox based product to come out....

Scott
          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I found it rather interesting, because it leaves quite some room for thoughts ...

for example:

Q: What is Matroxs' position with respect to the high end CAD market?

A: While Matrox's current product lines provide the best available solution for 2D CAD, they do not target the 3D CAD market. This market requires products that are specifically enhanced for accelerating 3D CAD applications. The market is a lucrative market to play in but we are not targeting it with current products.

Now if you take that phrase and put some emphasize on certain terms, it could read like:

While Matrox's current product lines provide the best available solution for 2D CAD, they do not target the 3D CAD market. This market requires products that are specifically enhanced for accelerating 3D CAD applications. The market is a lucrative market to play in but we are not targeting it with current products.

Maybe, he isn't saying too much while talking, but he's certainly not denying anything, too ...

What do you think ?
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
            LG BH10LS38
            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Hey we've been doing that emphasis thing for the last two years and look what we've ended up with, the G550

Comment

I think "3D for the masses" is the next big thing for PC consumer graphics. Improvement in 3D for gaming will continue but that does not dramatically affect the majority of PC users. What is needed is a new genre of 3D applications that bring the benefits of 3D to the user's everyday computing experience. Matrox has taken the lead on this with the HeadCasting technology and applications. But this is only the beginning - the possibilities are endless and are only limited by the imagination of the developer.
                What masses might he be referring to ?

Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                LG BH10LS38
                LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Blaa Blaa Blaa..

Im so impressed with Matrox 2001 I just bought a Radeon... Market that Market Guy.

Comment

Originally posted by LAMFDTK
                    Blaa Blaa Blaa..

Im so impressed with Matrox 2001 I just bought a Radeon... Market that Market Guy.
                    And of course you know how much everyone values your opinion

Rags

Comment

Working...
                    X