macrovision patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• macrovision patch

does anyone know if VT 1.55 under w98se works with macrovision patch for vt 1.54?

bh6 cel300a 224 ram marvelg400tv

no

Gotta do it yourself or simply use the versions of vcap16.dll from an earlier version (and apply the patch) or the leaked beta version with yuv enabled.

mikie

Comment

Mikie,

If you can tell me how to do it myself then I'll be pleased to stick the patches up on the downloads section so everyone can have a play

Cheers
      Chris
      (T_I)

Comment

Thanks mikiem I'll try.
        I tried some weeks ago to capture from one of my VHS movie (starwars 1) for fun,but the quality of the video (original thx video-cassette) in the preview window was terrible ....tons of noise ... flash and so on.... (directly on tv very nice...)....
        and when I started capturing " the annoying message about the copy protection".

I have never used macrovision patch so far with vt 1.54 and now I would like upgrade to vt 1.55. With 1.54 huffyuv doesn't work.

Can I have better quality with macrovision patch ? Or it's only a walk around for copy-protection ?????

by everyone

Comment

In this old thread you can find how to remove Macrovision.. (the author is cods )

Change bold values in the following files with a hex editor....

RRAPI.DLL
          ---------
          00 00 85 C0 75 13 83 7D 94 00 74
          becomes
          00 00 85 C0 EB 13 83 7D 94 00 74

VCAP16.DLL
          ----------
          83 7E EE 00 75 06 83 7E F0
          becomes
          83 7E EE 00 90 90 83 7E F0

A freeware Hex editor is XVI32 that you can download here: http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delph...2.htm#download . It allows to search Hex strings and so is easy to find the value that you have to change..

This "patch" works only with Win9x/Me Videotools

If anyone know a similar patch for Windows 2000 Videotools...
          T-rex / Raptor www.videomakers.net
          Italian Editing Video Forum

Comment

Ahh, It's nice to know some old fixes still work!
            "It's purely for evaluation..."

Comment

Working...
            X