X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YEHAWWWWW!!! I get Cable tomorrow!!!

That's my story....8:00am tomorrow

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Howdy, Pual

what Kinda kable ar you going to get?????

Don't buy any kable I can send you one of my xtry kables

dj
    My Packurd bell 166Megahurtz runnin at 233 on a ABIT ITH5 muther board,
    128MB EDO ECC RAM and a hole bunch of other cool stuff.

Comment

Um.....Heheh

I'm getting cable internet service from @home.

Did you know the Clintons when they lived in Arkansas??????

Paul
      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

No I did not now them.

Wait My Kousin Thelma sue did Mrs. Clinton's hair once.

she is my brother's wife I am trying to put a smily thang here

hey guys should I call Thelma sue cousin or sis I jus donts understand all that stuff. I tryd to put another smiley thang here

dj
        My Packurd bell 166Megahurtz runnin at 233 on a ABIT ITH5 muther board,
        128MB EDO ECC RAM and a hole bunch of other cool stuff.

Comment

Way to go Paul ... wish i was getting cable
          Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

Thanks omegaRed...

Can somebody please help dj out.....

Like out of this thread....LOL

Paul

Comment

I wish you all the joy and contentment that I've experienced with VerizonDSL and Comcast@Home!
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

I'm beginning to know what you mean. I had too much fun yesterday trying to figure out why things stopped working after setting up the router.

I couldn't access my mail, couldn't reply or post here at MURC because I changed my email address before I setup the router and then could not get the email to confirm changing my email....LOL

But it is faster

I get between 870-1436K/sec download and 123-139k/sec upload speeds compared to 70-78K/sec and 2.5-2.7K/sec with my dialup.

Paul
                Last edited by ALBPM; 20 July 2001, 03:53.

Comment

Whew... for a sec I thought you were getting 870-1436 kiloBYTES/sec until I saw your dialup speeds. Not that I have much to brag about... over the last couple of weeks we've been having trouble with our cable modem, it seems there are some leaks in the hardline near by causing signal problems, my ping to the local servers which normaly measure down in the LAN areas, can bounce over 500 ms at times. Makes online gaming "interesting" to say the least.

I get between 870-1436K/sec download and 123-139k/sec upload speeds compared to 70-78K/sec and 2.5-2.7K/sec with my dialup.

Comment

Ash, it depends on the area. Some places, DSL is better, some places cable is better. Cable has higher theoretical speeds, while ADSL at best is around 8mbps down and 1.5mbps up.

Comment

The best part about DSL when compared to cable is that latency is normally very consistent, and often lower than cable, too. (In other words, ping is usually pretty stable and lower than cable). The part about being lower isn't always true, though the consistency part usually is, since other users on the same cable branch affect not only the bandwidth, but also the ping.

Now that I've moved, I had to take DSL (AT&T, who is the local cable company, hasn't decided whether or not to offer cable modems here yet, even though digital cable is already in). The DSL is actually MUCH more stable and usually pings much better for me than my old cable service did. On the other hand, while my average usable bandwidth at most sites is about the same, I see nowhere near the maximum throughputs that I saw at times with the cable. (For example, one gaming news site that has since gone down gave me transfers of around 800Kb/s on cable, vs my normal ~80-100Kb/s rates elsewhere, while the DSL, which tests well up to around 768, usually maxes at around 100).
                      "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                      Gainward Ti4600
                      AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

No this is not my usual obligatory hate post (Usually has the words "I hate you DSL Whores"). I was on the net at work when I heard a strange noise emanating from the modem and I was kicked off. This is very strange I thought. A minute later I got a message that Cable & Wireless Jamaica were sending technicians in to install DSL. WooHoo I thought. They came and installed the splitter without a problem. The Alcatel Speed Touch Home ADSL modem needed some configuration so they took it back to their office to set it up. I installed another network adapter (10 Mbps POS Realtek) in preparation for the link up.
                        I dled RasPPOE just in case I need it. Hopefully Monday everything will be fine.
                        [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                        Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                        Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                        Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                        Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Be aware that @Home has made a (failed) bid on AT&T cable internet service. AT&T balked at their offer claiming it was undervalued, but would entertain the thought of selling if @Home raised the bar.

AT&T has one of the best overall quality ratings in the industry, while @Home is still trying to breakeven ($$) with subpar service and support.
                          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                          X